Part 5, Night

Matt

After leaving Jakes room we went a little ways down the hallway and Autumn said.

"UGHHH It's torture being around him!! He's so perfect!"

He whisper yelled.

"Ack I agree."

Lucas said, his bulge growing with every passing second.

"Just thinking of him makes me want to..."

Neal said letting it trail off as a blush formed on his cheeks.

"Really? Already?"

I said raising an eyebrow at Neal.

"IT'S TORTURE! HE'S SO PERFECT! HIS TINY LITTLE FIGURE, LITTLE EMERALD EYES, HIS SOFT LITTLE LIPS! AND THAT ASS! DAMN!"

Neal exclaimed.

"Why don't we just go in there and take him by force!"

Autumn said throwing his hands up.

"I mean I know he's our age but he's so tiny! We could take him!"

Autumn added.

"What!? No way Autumn that's so wrong!"

I yelled pushing him. I could see his eyes were red so it was most likely his wolf Chace talking. He snarled but backed down and his eyes soon turned back. He sighed and then apologized saying.

"Sorry, I d-don't know what came over me."

He said quietly.

"It's ok, it's the mating craze."

I said patting his back. The mating craze kind of made you need to be with your mate and just took over all your senses. I sighed and then groaned as I realized just how tired I was.

"Ok. Everyone shift and then lets get to bed."

They agreed and then split up, going up and down the hallway to their bedrooms. I smirked when I saw Lucas nab Autumn and pull him into his room, Neal following behind. I yawned and made no move to join them, I needed to get some sleep tonight. Turning around I shut my door behind me and threw my clothes onto the ground. I hopped onto the bed and shifted back, enjoying the warmth of my comforter, falling into a dreamless sleep.

Jake

After they left I rolled over to the side and built a little fort out of pillows, curling up in them. I knew it was stupid but I needed some kind of artificial warmth and I guess comfort. I let out a yawn and fell asleep feeling safe for the first time.

BOOM.

I shot up, eyes searching frantically in the night, trying to see where I was. I was hyperventilating before I realized that I was in the guest bedroom, safe. I took a deep breath and sat back down, putting a hand to my chest.

BOOM.

I jumped again and whimpered, realizing that it was thunder. The rain was relentlessly beating against my window and lightning flashed across the sky. I shuddered. I hated storms, I'd always been left outside so they terrified me. I slowly pulled my legs over the side and hopped down, walking over to the window. I shakily put one hand to it and felt the cold condensation gathering there. A flash of lightning lit up in the forest near me and I jumped back. Before I knew what I was doing I ran out of the bedroom, only wearing my boxers and looking terrified. 

I continued running down the hallway until I came to one of the doors. I slid to a stop and took a breath before knocking. The sound echoed for a moment and then I heard a groan, followed by feet coming to the door. I wrapped one arm around myself and shivered from the cold air. After what felt like an eternity of waiting in the cold hallway the door opened and Matt stood there.