1

'Life is a painful journey that will end with happiness.'

That was the last line written in the book. I can't believe that the story ended like that. I've been reading this book for two months now and after four-hundred pages of a never ending rollercoaster it ends with more questions than answers. Then the car bumped suddenly causing me to return to reality. 

"Sorry about that." the man next to me spoke, his name was Jeremy if I remember correctly. He was the one taking me to my new home. The Lakeside School for Troubled Youth. "The road is pretty bumpy from here on, didn't mean to interrupt your reading. Though I can see that you've just finished it. How was it?" he asked, still keeping his eyes on the road. At least I would hope so, since I couldn't see under his dark shades. 

"It was a waste of time." I sighed. He obviously didn't care, he just wanted to be friendly and have me open up to him and blah, blah, blah...it was the same old story.

"Well...what didn't you like about it?" He not going to stop, is he? 

"The story..." I sighed once more "It was not what I wanted." I mumbled as I gazed outside of the car window. The sky was painted bright orange and the sun hidden behind the passing trees. The car slowed down and entered into a tight path towards the woods. Everything looked so different from the city. This place was full of trees and bushes, no other souls in sight. It was calmer and not noisy. No obnoxious cars riding down the street with a death wish or any drunks breaking store windows. 

In the midst of the woods, a large building laid behind a surrounding fence. The car stopped in front of the gate where two guard stood at.

"Welcome home, Elliot." Jeremy announced before the guards opened the gate. 

The front yard was quite large, it had plenty of space and a fountain in the middle of it. It didn't work though, apparently some idiot broke it. This place was better than I had expected. There was a greenhouse with a garden, an art and music room adjacent to each other. A sport field was behind the main building and they also had a library. I already know where I'll be hanging out the most. 

"This is your room." Jeremy notified. He open the door and let me in first. It wasn't anything special just some plain green walls and a polished wooden floor. "This is your side of the room. I'll let you unpack and I'll be back in a bit" He gestured to one side of the room as he exited the room. I placed my luggage on my bed and began unpacking my items. I tidily set my clothes inside the drawer and any others items that I had brought with me. It wasn't much though. We never really had that much money to spend at things other than the essentials. Suddenly the door opened swiftly, catching me off guard. Some boy who I'm guessing is my roommate just entered. He rushed right past me, aiming for the drawer next to his bed. I just realised he was dripping wet everywhere.

"Heeeeyyy..." I was caught off guard when he took his wet shirt off, exposing his abs. My awkward 'hey' managed to grasp his attention as he looked at me with a questionable expression. 

"Who are you?" He asked. Did no-one tell him that he was going to have a roommate? 

"I'm your roommate. Did no-one inform you?"

"Yeah..." He paused. "They did. Sorry, I just...never mind." He shook his head. "I'm Andrew" He informed whilst stretching his arm towards me. I shook it under the slight uncomfortableness of his strong grip. As I was about to introduce my name a red headed girl appeared on the doorway. Her dark red waves dropped to one shoulder as the other side was slightly shaved. 

"Coming?" She questioned Andrew only to turn her emerald eyes my direction. Her smile only grew larger. "Who's this?" 

"He was about to introduce himself before you rudely interrupted us." Andrew joked as he put on another shirt.