☁️Ruth☁️

Good lord this series is underrated, sort of a modern Au here, but only for a few minor things.

_-*-_

‼️Tw: Piercings, mention of blood. Also disclaimer don't try this at home‼️

     You sighed in bliss as a cool summer breeze blew through your hair, the rustling of leaves gently awaking your sleeping familar. The black dog stirred a bit in your lap, sleepily gazing up at your face.

     Your eyes were closed and a soft smile tugged at your lips, golden light of sunset shining off of your skin. He unconsciously studied your features, taking in the details when his gaze stopped at your ears.

     You opened one eye and hummed when he sat up from your lap, placing your open book beside you. He cocked his head at you, still staring.

     "What is it?" You giggled, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. He hummed in thought, shrouded by black smoke as he shifted to his human form. He gently brushed his finger tips against your earlobe, furrowing his eyebrows at the small black gem.

     "...What's this?" He questioned, looking up at you. You brushed your hand against the earring he was touching.

     "Uh, you mean my earrings?" You tilted your head in confusion.

     "Is that what they're called?" He asked, placing his hand back on the ground and leaning closer.

     "You've never seen one before?" You laughed in disbelief. He shook his head.

     You laughed again and took time to answer his questions, he had several. He wanted to know about everything, styles, purpose, healing, he wanted every detail.

     "I mean, doesn't it hurt?"

     "A little, but it's not so bad as long as you clean it enough."

     "How long have you had it?"

     "Since I was little, actually."

     For every question you answered he had 3 more, the two of you went on and on until the sun finally set. He excitedly chattered about it when Silver Lady called you in, and all through dinner as well.

     When dinner was over, you went upstairs to the bathroom and began digging around in the cabinet above the sink. Ruth followed you with a big smile on his face. Soon, you pulled out a roll of cotton, some peroxide, and a strange plastic object.

     "Now, normally it would be better to have a professional do this.." You glanced up at him, eyes glittering like a kid at Christmas. "...But I doubt you'll wait that long." He bounced in excitement, flipping on the light and leaning on the edge of the tub so you could reach him.

     You started by cleaning the skin with the peroxide, setting it in his lap for later. When you finished, you held the piercing gun up to his lobe.

     "Ready?" You asked. He hummed in agreement and squeezed his eyes shut, gripping your free hand. You let out a shaky sigh.

Click

     He flinched, fluttering his eyes open as you wiped the blood that trickled down with the cotton piece. His tense shoulders relaxed a bit, a sigh of relief washing over him.

     "That really wasn't so bad." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. You gave him a weary smile before moving to his other side. He nearly flinched when you repeated the process.

     "Wanna go look in the mirror now?" You asked, tossing out the cotton and spent applicators into the trash. He stood up with a slight groan, gently touching the left piercing. He walked up to the sink and turned his head to look at them, a huge grin spreading across his face.

     "Do you like them?" You smiled just as big as he did. He nodded in response, happily turning back and forth to look at the shiny black studs. You ruffled his hair as he giggled.

     "Now remember to twist them around when you clean them okay? And be careful with your hair!" You lightly scolded, but he was too excited to feel guilty.

-----

     That night as he lay next to you, he stared at your sleeping face once again. Only this time, he felt his heart swell at the way your earrings glittered in the moonlight. He felt his own once again, and a smile crept its way to his face. He turned on his side, wary of the sensitive gems, and snaked his arm around your waist.

'We match...'

_-*-_

Lol sorry for complaining about pictures every chapter. I loveee Ruth so much and I hate he doesn't have more fics :(