💦🔪Eli Clark🔪💦

My brother brought all 4 of his kids to my house today,,, Im writing this to distract from all the crying :/
Loosely based off of Aesop's 2nd birthday letter, if you know you know.

_-*-_

   "Cipher primed!" Tracy yelled into her mic, running as quickly as she could with a gash across her back. You took a mental note and glanced around for the hunter. Taking a deep breath, you continued to type as quickly as possible into the cipher machine.

     You soon received an alert that Tracy had been hit a second time, and began to feel anxious. Eli was the rescuer on this team, and he had let one survivor go down already.

     "Dammit Eli.." You muttered under your breath.

     "Yes~?" You jumped at the voice behind you, nearly missing a calibration.

     "Shit! The hunter could've gotten an alert to our location, Eli! Don't sneak up on me like that!" You scolded him as you worked. He bashfully rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled.

     "Sorry~ I'm just used to staying quiet in matches, y'know?" He moved to work next to you. You glanced to him a bit between calibrations. Although his eyes were covered, you felt them staring back quite frequently.

     Just when the machine was nearly finished, your heart began to thunder in your chest; a sickening violet hue surrounded it. You gasped and jerked your head around, locking eyes on a tall, hooded figure in the distance.

     You quickly popped the cipher and gripped Eli's hand, dragging him away as the siren blared. You panted in fear as the beating grew more vigorous, and the sound of Hastur's tentacles grew closer.

     Eli cursed under his breath, you turned your head to signal him, but your mind went blank at the sight of the hunter.

     He was far closer than you expected, and far more horrifying. Every one of his glowing red eyes felt like it was burning through your soul, and knowing him meant you probably weren't far off. Your legs felt like jelly, and you nearly tripped from it.

     That one stumble was enough to let him catch up to you, and you could only  watch in terror as he brought his claw down upon you.

     You screamed in pain and dropped to your knees, blood seeping from several large gashes on your back. Eli cried out to you, but you could barely make him out through the tears blurring your vision.

     Hastur let out a dark chuckle as he scooped you up with one hand and threw you into the nearest rocket chair. You whined and arched your back to keep your wound from touching anything, but besides that all you could think of was Eli.

     He was now the only survivor left unhurt and he was nearby, that being said he was probably going to try and rescue you. However, Hastur was also nearby, and he only had one more pest to focus on now.

     "Don't rescue me!" You rasped into the microphone, but you knew he wouldn't listen. Just as you thought, a familiar bird swooped overhead, and you knew he had come.

     "Now what did I just say?" You scowled at him. He giggled and began cutting your ropes as Brooke landed on top of the chair. "I can't walk, Eli. Even if you do free me I'll just be caught again." You sighed.

     "Just hold on to me okay?" He whispered, carefully helping you stand. You wrapped your arm around his shoulder and allowed him to support you; although, he was sweating quite a lot...

     He guided you into a space between a few ruined walls, and gently wrapped bandages on your wound. When he was finished, he pressed a finger to his lips and ran off towards the hunter.