Chapter 6: Late-Night Chats

Selina's POV

I was out to take a short walk through Gotham as Catwoman when I saw a peculiar sight. A girl with a jean jacket, a white beanie, and blueish-black hair left a building and walked for about a mile before stopping. She pulled out her phone and called someone before just standing there. Eventually, she turned around and began looking around. That's when I recognized her.

Marinette. Kitten

She was back in town. But why didn't she tell anyone she was coming back? And when did she get here in the first place? Before I was able to drop down and say 'hi,' her cab showed up and she was gone.

I left to grab Harley and Ivy only when it began to seem like Kitten wasn't going to be coming back any time soon. Hopefully, if we got back soon enough we would be able to have a little chit-chat like old times.

 It took some scouting before I finally found Harley. Unlike Ivy, who is nearly always in her garden, Harley liked to skip around a bit. If you asked me, she never could really settle in one place after she and Joker broke up. She enjoyed being an anti-hero, but sometimes she hits a low and a little theft and mischief tend to perk her right on up.

By the time I dragged Ivy away from her plants and Harley from her sledgehammer collection for a surprise Kitten was already asleep.

I looked at the girls before nodding. Surely it wouldn't hurt if we let ourselves in. Kitten was really forgiving and bubbly when she was younger, and she probably hasn't changed that much.

Ivy managed to open one of the windows away from her bedroom; it opened into a wide-open living area filled with a few tables holding sewing equipment, a computer, a pair of headphones, and a microphone. One of the corners of the room had a small sectional couch with a tv placed in front.

Ivy, Harley, and I slipped in through the open window. The first few moments of serene silence were broken by a blood-curdling scream coming from what must've been Kitten's bedroom. I darted to the room with Harley and Ivy on my heels. May I just say, the vision in front of me was one of the more heartbreaking ones I've seen?

She had ripped off all the blankets and sheets covering her, leaving them to fall off to the side. The sheet below her and her clothes were damp from sweat. Kitten was writhing while whimpering. She looked like she was in pain. It hurt just to watch.

"Seline, we gotta help her," Harley said as she stood to my left.

"How? I never had to help the other kittens with nightmares." I replied. It was true, I came after most of the traumatic blowback happened for the boys. 

"How else? Try to wake the poor dear up and comfort her. See if she wants to be held or something." Ivy said.

I began to make my way toward Kitten, brushing aside all the fallen, crumpled blankets. At first, I shook her shoulders.

Nothing.

I scooted closer to her side and pulled her onto my lap, softly shushing her as I brushed her bangs off her face. That's what I'm supposed to do, right? Slowly, Harley and Ivy made their way toward us. I began to slightly adjust, finding a way to hold the girl together.

We haven't seen her since she was a literal child, not a teen. Yet, she seems so small. So much smaller than she used to be.

Soon, Kitten slightly woke up. Somehow unstarted by our presence or perhaps just too groggy to understand that three women (even if she does know us) broke into her apartment, she murmured a question. "Hey, could one of you grab the small grey box in my bathroom? It's under the sink."

Harley got up and went to find the bathroom as Kitten shifted in my arms. Once Harley got back, Kitten leaned on me while opening the box. Inside there were various capsules, tablets, and little packets. As if this were a normal occurrence, Kitten opened a bottle with little gummies. She took one and popped it into her mouth, chewing it slowly.