Chapter Four

Niall

Last night was a shit show, I was annoyed with the work I had to do halfway through the night for Russ, I told Harry I wouldn't take too long and he could stay there and wait. I thought that's what he was going to do but coming back like an hour later than I thought and finding him nowhere, kind of set me in a panic and I didn't know why.

Maybe it was because he didn't know that I was a part of this lifestyle again but I didn't want him to know or be around it at all. Running around the club for another 25 minutes and not even finding Li when it was her work night was strange. He wasn't answering my calls or text. I found a set of hidden stairs that went up to the old top bar, I ran up them, in hopes to find him. He did like to wander a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way up there.

When I opened the door to see him and Li on the couch in the corner, his head between her thighs made me sick. It was a sight I never wanted to see and the hurt that bubbled inside of me turned to anger. I shouldn't have been as mean to them but I was jealous and hurt. I was just with Li last night, sharing that same moment, and it was dumb for me to even think that.

I knew what we were and that we were never going to be more. Apart of me felt like it just broke there, still stuck on that rooftop, I didn't feel like me today but I needed to go check on Harry and make sure he was okay after seeing what he did.

Knocking on his black door for the third time and he had yet to answer, I was getting annoyed and pissed now. It was almost 11 now, he had to be at work soon and the silence was making me anxious. Moments later I heard the door unlock and open, he stood there in black sweat pants, groaning.

"What the fuck do you want?" He looked annoyed and tired, bags under his eyes, it looks like he didn't sleep at all and I felt bad, I should have stated with him or came back to his place to make sure he was okay. I ended up working all night with Alicia, it was really weird we didn't talk about what happened and we argued a bit on how we were going to do things and it sucked. It was the first time things didn't feel good between us and I hated that. Harry cleared his throat, pulling me out of my thoughts,  putting his hand on his hips, he was shirtless, his tattoos scattered across his body and arms.

"I wanted to take you to work and also talk about what happened." I sighed, rubbing at the back of my neck, anxiously. He let me in and shut the door behind him, motioning me to sit down on his couch as he walks to the kitchen to grab a water.

Looking at the table sitting in front of me it was scattered with weed and alcohol. Which meant Harry broke down last night, and instead of calling me like I told him he went to the only other thing he could rely on to feel okay for a moment, even if it resulted in feeling like shit today.

"You know," he spoke up and I looked at him, a little nervous to see what he was going to say, "I didn't think I was going to be put in a situation like that again." he chuckled dryly, unamused and sad.

I sighed, I didn't even know what to tell him, or where to even start. "Harry, first off, I'm sorry. I tried to keep you out, I didn't expect anything to happen last night. Someone followed me from the job I had just done, and I was trying to find you to get you out before shit hit the fan, I knew if I told Alicia she would have taken care of it. I'm sorry." rubbing my hands down my face in a tempt to find my words.

"Ni, it's fine, please don't worry about it, just caught me off my guard. We promised each other to not ever go back.." Harry looked at me, disappointment washing over his face and I truly felt like I was losing everything.

"I know, and I promise I'll tell you things soon, it just, I wasn't expecting you to find out, I've been doing  good, and finding out you got a job at Li's place, right in the middle of everything."