Prologue

War. Everything is usually about war. Divide and Conquer is what starts it. Disagreements between friends. Arguing in the council, or relationships. People taking sides thinking that they are right and their enemy is wrong. But in this story war comes from the very beginning.

Let's start with a child. Born from a soldier in World War Two and a young woman with strange abilities. They met and fell in love in the depths of war. The young soldier died on a mission leaving his poor lover behind with a unborn child. The woman raised that child up until she was only two years old when her baby was taken away from her. Their captives shot the child to death in front of the mother. When they released her they didn't give her back the corpse of her baby. Instead, they experimented on the child to test if they could unlock the abilities — that was passed down by the mother — and use the child as a weapon. But they didn't know that by tampering with her DNA would send her off to an unknown world... another world.

———————

It was cold and dark in the forest. You could be standing in the middle and couldn't even see that your own hand was in front of you. The air was blistering cold and the feeling would send a shiver down your spine in both fear and hopelessness. No one dared to be out here, you had to be the Witch's followers to do that!

Everyone hid inside their warm homes, away from anyone (and everyone's) eyes. Praying for an end of this dreadful winter, for it had already been fifty years since Jadis the White Witch started her rule.

An outline of a figure was seen sprinting through the forest. The blizzard not affecting his thick fur. Now, if we were in our world we would have ran for our lives. But we aren't in our world; we are in the world where beavers talked, the trees dance, and Lions are praised. 

Especially this Lion — His name brought hope to all that hears it —, who was running at this point, to get to the small infant whose little nose was turning red, and her fingers and toes were turning blue. The child cried out for her mother, her dead father, but no one came except the Lion. She was scared, for one second death had welcomed her in a strange cell, a woman (who she assumes is her mother) crying over her and shouting her name. Now, the child has entered the world of bitter cold to make her little bones shake.

"Don't be afraid, Little One." Aslan said. His voice was loud over the strong winds and it sounded it was close to her ears instead of in front of her. It was soft yet full of authority. It didn't frighten the child like it would have most adults instead it brought safety and comfort, ceasing the wails. "You must come with me. I will protect you now."

And, protect her He shall. For she grew up a brave warrior with strange abilities that Aslan hid to protect her from the Witch's eyes. She was beautiful beyond compare. For she looked just like her mother.

There was one thing that Aslan let her keep to always remind her of her parents. Her unusual eyes. You see, where she originally comes from her older brother has electrifying blue eyes. She has a reason to believe that it comes from her parents, a gift from each of them — because Aslan told her so. Her right eye is the color of a glittering silver-blue mixed, almost like a blizzard caught in a thunderstorm. Her left eye is more of a mix of every single color of the rainbow. A swirl of colors. Both of her eyes glow every time she uses her powers, they shine so bright that you can see them in an endless black tunnel.

That young lady is none other than Natasha Rebecca Barnes.