Yandere Zhongli

Trigger Warning! Yandere Themes! Possible Spoilers! Mentions of Death! | 1.5k Words | Unedited | Yandere Genshin Impact |

"Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember... But where are those who share the memory?"

The male sat solemnly as he gently gripped a glass of wine. He closed his eyes and appreciated its soft scent, akin to soft ripe peaches. Taking in the all too familiar aroma of the osmanthus.

He had discovered the small establishment a few days ago when his usual spot at Wanmin Restaurant wasn't available and decided to pay it a visit.

All the memories he had overfilling him with nostalgia. Of the time when the god of contracts, notorious for always keeping his word wasn't able to fulfil it, a time no historian or storyteller would ever know about.

How long ago had it been? A millennia, two? He couldn't say anymore, everything had become a blur after some point. But what he did remember, what he couldn't forget, were those intense [eye colour] eyes. That warmth he was never able to experience again.

....

The male grunted as he tried to shuffle between sides, trying to make the best out of the tree he was using as shelter, too injured to go any further and completely depleted of any supplies.

For how much longer did he have to endure this?

Every part of him hurt, it was agonising, he just hoped it would be better during the morning, at least enough so that he could find a proper shelter from lurking dangers.

That's when he heard shuffling in the bushes, his muscles tensing up only for him to unclench them once more to alleviate himself of the harrowing pain.

He set his amber gaze to the source of the sound, expecting a monster, maybe one of the gods had found him. His mind came to all sorts of conclusions but none of them managed to predict what was about to happen. A woman?

"Oh my! You look terribly hurt!" She exclaimed.

'I think we can both see that much.' He retorted internally, choosing not to voice his thoughts.

"What... what do you want?" He asked.

"I was just trying to gather some herbs but that can wait, please stay here, I'll bring my horse so I can take you to my village, we can treat your wounds there and stop the bleeding!" She exclaimed, obviously panicked, the thought of who exactly the man she was helping was not once crossing her mind.

Although not any less uncomfortable than the tree, the journey to the strange woman's village had been worth it. He would be safe from any wandering monster that decided to try his luck at killing him.

"Excuse me, mister, are you awake?" The voice of the female politely asked, receiving only a grunt in response.

"I'll wrap the wound in some cloth now." The worry on her face was apparent, the wounds the man had looked terrible to the naked eye, no human would survive for long with such injuries no matter how many remedies and herbs they used.

The touch of her hands was soft, in contrast to her rough, blistered palms.

"Although I don't have much to offer, please tell me if you need anything, I'll try my best to help." She said before exiting the room.

...

When she first brought that man in she didn't expect him to heal, but just the next morning his progress had been astounding, the bleeding had stopped and while there was still some threat of the wounds reopening, the male was in a good enough condition to get up once again.