25 The Match - part 1

Zora glided a hand over her smooth bald head again and flexed the muscles in her arm habitually. That boy from the termination list, Rhys Anson... He was strangely unsettling. She did not notice at first because of his humble appearance, but now, it was clear that there was something eerie about him. He was not like the other six trainees she had her eyes on who all stood out among the group of sector five trainees. Zora honestly would not have noticed him at first if she had not seen his name on the termination list. however, she only had to watch him fight to realize how dangerous he was. He seemed to have a power that made him untouchable but at the same time meant death for his opponent if he touched them...?

"Ridiculous..." She muttered as she stared at the young man talking to one of the other trainees she had been keeping an eye on, Sampson the fire manipulator.

Zora shook her head free of worry and sucked in a deep breath before shouting across the gym.

"Listen up trainees, the third round will commence shortly." She pointed to the board that displayed the six remaining groups and their random pairings.

{team 12 vs team 25}

{team 9 vs team 1}

{team 5 vs team 8}

"Unlike in round two, these matches will not be held at the same time. The matches of the third round will be held one at a time. I expect all of those who did not make it to the third round to watch and learn from these upcoming matches. Use this opportunity to learn from those who are better than you. And for those who will be fighting soon, don't lose your spirit. All the members of the winning group will be ranked as A students and will enjoy all the privileges that status has to offer. that could be you."

Zora eyed the students and their different reactions ranging from despondent to confident.

"Teams twelve and twenty-five will go first. You have five minutes. Those who are not fighting can watch from outside the barriers." With that, Zora retreated to the back of the gym where she could have a better look at all the trainees.

*****************

Rhys stared at his status and his upgraded skill, trying to come up with a better plan than the one he had.

[Name: Rhys Anson]

[Race: Enlightened Human]

[Level 4]

[Exp: 203/400]

[HP: 25/40]

<Statistics>

[Intelligence: 13]

[Strength: 8]

[Agility: 10]

[Stamina: 6]

[Spirituality: 8]

<Skills>

[Spectre Form lv 5:

The User's body has upgraded from the spiritual level to the spectral level. Once the user applies this skill, the user's body will hold the power of a spectre. Spectres are metaphysical beings whose bodies are the result of spiritual energy and mental capability.]

< Common Applications of this skill >

•Intangibility

•Physical disruption

•Aura extension (dormant)

•Spectral manipulation (dormant)

•Spectral movement (dormant)