27 outcome

Rhys was laying on the floor and Connor was the last man standing.

The audience was silent as they stared at the sad scene in front of them. Most of them had predicted this outcome but during the course of the match team 12 had surprised them. Especially the guy with the weird power. Most of them were secretly hoping that team 12 would win, if not for the fact that they had put up a good fight against the scariest team in the tournament, then for the fact that for a moment team 12 made them feel like beating someone like Connor was possible.

"No way, guys..." A loud voice among the students caught everyone's attention. "Connor's flag is gone."

Just short of a hundred heads snapped around to look at Connor's abdomen and they were all shocked by what they saw. His grey uniform t-shirt was torn at the front, a large patch of his abs were exposed where his flag had previously been pasted to his shirt.

On the floor, Rhys struggled to turn his body. His hands were all messed up, he was thoroughly exhausted from using his skill against Connor's electricity and now that he had phased back into his physical form, his stomach wound started bleeding again. But none of that mattered.

[17/40 Hp]

Rhys finally relaxed his jaw letting the team 25 flag slip out from between his teeth. He smiled down at the flag that he had managed to take from Connor. After he had flung himself back up through the floor, Rhys had managed to use their close proximity to his advantage. His hands were pretty much useless from being exposed to Connor's power at such close proximity so he had to improvise.

The momentum from swinging up through the floor let him land a pretty good kick under Connor's chin. Astonishingly the kick wasn't enough to knock Connor out or even push him off balance, all it gave Rhys was a moment of invisibility because Connor could not see him as his head was thrown back from the kick. In that split second Rhys had leaned his head in and bit down hard on Connor's flag.

Connor recovered a moment later and sent Rhys flying forward with a revenge punch to the chest. Rhys's bite on the flag was strong enough that it was ripped from Connor's shirt as he flew backwards.

['Not bad for an enlightened human.']

Rhys smiled brightly even though everything hurt.

The nurses flooded the pit in much larger numbers than he had seen for his previous matches, then again so many of them were injured, with the exception of Connor of course. Teams of around ten healers surrounded each student and immediately began healing them.

Rhys slowly looked up and there he saw Connor standing in front standing in front of him. Connor's face looked steely as always which added to Rhys's anxiety now more than ever. He wanted the nurses to get to him quickly so there was at least someone around to protect him if Connor went insane and tried to attack him.

Connor took a step closer and Rhys gulped nervously as he tried to sit up straight.

A crooked smile abruptly broke out across Connor's face. It was so non-threatening that Rhys was immediately suspicious of it, there was no way it was genuine.

"You surprised me." Connor crouched down in front of Rhys and tilted his head. "I guess we'll get along."

Connor's eyes were bright and mischievous which made Rhys hesitate for a second, but he ultimately relaxed a bit because he didn't see anything weird in Connor's aura.

"Well this is better than I expected. I was sure you were gonna be a sore loser." Rhys grinned right back at Connor who was suddenly starting to feel less intimidating.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." Connor ruffled his blonde hair. "You only won because I didn't take you seriously at first."

Rhys hated to admit it but Connor was speaking the truth. The size of Connor's aura when he first sent his electricity around the room was not as bright and powerful as it could have been, he had definitely been holding back. Things would have gone very differently if Connor had used his full power from the beginning.