Kepler's Law

"SENKKKKUUUU?!?!" Your eyes promptly shot open at full alertness. Body jolting, you smashed your head against the hard chunk of metal you had propped yourself against the night before. "THERE'S SOMEONE IN YOUR LAB!" Slowly after rubbing the now-forming bump on your head, you started to gather more about what was otherwise an incomplete picture. Near inches away from your face, was a stranger. That alone was enough for you to scramble onto your feet and create some distance. He was rather built, that was the first thing you noticed that really send your mind spiraling. Thick bushy eyebrows that match his brown spikey hair, you couldn't really guess how much older he was than you. When you finally met his gaze, you were met with brown kind eyes that seemed filled to the brim with emotion, putting you at ease. He let out a goofy sort of half-laugh as he appeared to be waiting for something, still crouched down where you were sleeping as if not processing how quickly you spun up. "What is it, big oaf? Can't you see that some people are trying to sleep, even though it's well into the afternoon?" Senku was at the door swirling something in a flask, you wouldn't have even noticed him if he didn't speak. The room was ice cold as you looked down, noticing the thing that twisted your legs when you were scrambling to stand up was a navy blue blanket. Someone must've placed it on you when you were asleep. This 'big oaf' rose up, showing just how massive he was, and looked just as confused as you were, leaving the two of you in a standoff. At least a minute must've passed as the two of you awaited an explanation from Senku, that just never transpired. His bushy eyebrows furrowed in worry as he scratched his head, "Are you... uh, one of Senku's new science friends?" His English wasn't as polished as Senku's. Regardless you were completely baffled by this whole situation but something about that specific question made you feel more at ease, it almost made you laugh. "I guess you could call us that, friends. Actually I'm not so sure after last night." You stretched out all the cracks in your neck and back, reflecting on how awful last night was. Sore wouldn't even begin to describe how bad your body felt from sleeping in such a weird spot. 

The stranger's face went from a confused look to slowly turning a bit pink after what seemed like ages of silence, "So that's where Senku was last night! I thought I heard him come down here. Are you two.. uh.. last night did you two-" Senku interrupted him right there, turning on a machine that filled the whole room with noise, hoping to stop the wheels from turning in his head. Your boss, who you assumed now to be actually clinically insane, casually picked at his ear as the two of you cringed from how loud it was. 'Big Oaf' stuck his hand out towards you and warmly smiled, "I'M TAIJU!" He tried his best to speak against the deafening noise. Slowly grabbing onto his hand, which you were sure could've turned your bones to dust if his grip wasn't so surprisingly soft, you smiled back. "I-I... I'M Y/N!" You used every last ounce of air to try and get your words across. Senku flipped the machine off and went about his scientific endeavors, "He's another assistant of mine." Everything started to make sense now. "Aw, Senku likes to joke around sometimes. Senku and me are best friends! Since we were itty bitty! ...I wish I knew you were coming, so I could've offered you up my bed! Sleeping on the floor seems uncomfortable, especially without pajamas." Taiju glanced over at Senku and for a moment you saw the otherwise indifferent expression of his soften. "It's nice to meet'cha! Let's do our best to help out, fellow assistant!" He gave you an even wider smile than before which you couldn't help but return. "Taiju usually doesn't come with me when I go off to other countries like this but Byakuya insisted I should this time around since it's summer. Also I needed some muscles to help me carry stuff around." Senku spoke in a matter-of-fact type of manner which made you question if they were really best friends at all. 'Byakuya? Isn't that his dad? He calls his dad by his first name..?' You thought to yourself. 

Senku continued, "Plus Yuzuriha is somewhere in Europe on her internship and he was hoping to somehow-" Taiju quickly shushed him waving his arms nervously as if trying to stuff the words back into Senku's mouth. "It's not as if Y/N knows her and will tell...what's the big deal?" Taiju slammed his hand against Senku's mouth. "THEY MIGHT! YOU NEVER KNOW!"  Senku started to turn red fighting to get a breath in, looking a bit like a rhubarb stalk. You watched the two of them struggle against each other as you tiredly rubbed your eyes from all the noise. 'Who the hell is Yuzuriha?' Whoever she was you paid it little mind as you were still hung up on the fact that Senku had a best friend. When you look at that tired cynical mug the word 'besties' wasn't one you'd associate with him, you found him far too blunt for anyone to be able to take. But then again this Taiju guy seemed like his polar opposite, someone kind, maybe a bit simple, that probably would have all of Senku's sarcasm fly over his head. Still something about Senku having a best friend was a bit cute, for someone as unlikeable as him. Endearing even. The two had settled their dispute as you were lost in thought as Senku dramatically took a deep breath. 

"I'm not staying here long anyways, only a few weeks! I wouldn't want to disrupt any 'feelings' that might blossom between you two!" Taiju blurted out. Maybe this guy didn't know Senku as well as you thought. The words famously uttered by Senku Ishigami rang inside your mind, 'Love or any byproduct of it is a waste of time, a disease.' You blushed at the thought anyways. "Oh no I don't think any feelings will blossom." You sneered out, thinking of how he forced you to a grueling task last night. Senku finally caught his breath, you thought he might've been on the verge of death the way he had wheezed before, "We've got a lot of work to get into so Y/N go ahead and go eat. If you get any tea or coffee, refill the pot. And for heaven sakes take a shower." He walked out, leaving you insulted as ever. "Don't mind him, you smell fine! I'll cook you up some grub and you can go take a nice shower!" Taiju consoled. A shower was very much needed. He seemed to wait until Senku was completely out of earshot, "You know, you must be special." "Special?" you raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't think I've ever seen someone go out and find someone to be an assistant, they always come to him and never leave. Like me. Senku's a busy guy! So you must've really caught his eye somehow. You're probably really smart, huh?" he put his hands to his chin in thought with a soft 'hmm'. "Anyways, I'll go get you some clean towels, the shower is upstairs! The handle is all weird, you'll know what I mean aha. Okay good luck!" You stood in astonishment. 'Special?'