Germ Theory

Water pooled at the base of your neck, streaming down your arms and back as you struggled to keep a steady flow. This shower spout, unlike the showers you were more accustomed to back home, was not fixed to the wall. It was an ancient design, nearly falling apart at the bolt, that required you to hold it, arms still sore from the night before. The water was ice cold, the dials confusing, hissing at you as you tried to turn up the heat. Frustrated, you snorted out the last remaining spurts of water out your nose from when you first turned it on and hunkered down. Adding insult to injury, there was no shower curtain, instead: plants galore. Some potted by your feet, some hanging from the ceiling, some covering the walls. They were well-watered, getting a nice soak as you kept misfiring. All that separated the shower from the bathroom floor were the tall rims of the tub with bear claw feet. This was not one bit relaxing, in fact, it was insultingly awful enough that you decided to just use a facecloth from your suitcase and call it a day. Shaking off the last bite of culture shock you took in the whole of the badezimmer. The most confusing bit was that there was a washing machine next to the sink, which you could barely squeeze through when you got in. "Y/N! You're on the clock!" Senku's voice suddenly rang through the halls.

You bolted to your room in your towel, hoping not to be spotted by either of your roommates. Rather hastily, you got into clothes. This was the first time you've really stepped into your room, but you didn't have the time to soak it in. Something that briefly caught your eye as you stumbled into your clothes was a piece of crystal on your nightstand, you wondered who left it there but continued your stumble down the stairs.

"Your shirt's on backwards." Senku said flatly as you walked into the kitchen. With a deep sigh, you sat down at the 'breakfast' table, which was littered with so much scientific nonsense you could barely find a place to sit. Senku wore an apron, one not for cooking but probably used for science or maybe welding? He moved a bit out the way, leaving your room to look in the cupboards as he finished washing some containers. "If you're going to eat, make it quick. We have to go pick up supplies...maybe we'll have to get you a robe too." He muttered out. Your face instantly scrunched, did he really see you running in your towel earlier? As embarrassing as that would be, you decided to play it off as if you didn't hear him and look for something to eat. Ramen. Ramen. Ramen. It almost felt stereotypical how ramen these two had. All of it instant and the same brand, all definitely not from Germany. "Well I don't usually eat so much in the morning, it makes me nauseous." You said, opening the fridge to unmarked trays and clear circle containers, hoping to find something else. Picking one up, you could smell whatever it is through the container. Senku suddenly made an evil expression at you, "Enough of a whiff of that we're just gonna have to get you suited for a coffin on the way there." Quickly, you set it down.

Assuming you were taking the bus, you pulled up your phone to pull up your bus pass. When you looked back up from your phone Senku was gone. You quickly opened the door to see him putting on a helmet, his hair was sticking out the top. "Uh- are we not going out for supplies..." A stomach rumble interrupted you. "Or food?" His hair made him look like a plant pulled out of the ground. "Didn't I just tell you that." He said flatly as he opened what looked like a garage door on the side you hadn't notice before.