14 : The house in the middle of no where

For those who care, please ignore the amount of time taken to publish this single chapter as you read. 'Explanations' at the end

~Thank you~
___________________________________

In the forest surrounding the both famous as well as infamous Ninja village known as Konohagakure no sato within Hi no kuni (Fire country) of the elemental continents; a violent thunder filled storm currently befalled upon its distinguishably special trees.

Torrential drops of water rained upon the surfaces of thick trees, while the wind with its tremendous power either dislocated branches or/and sent them flying away.

All this, however, did not seem to faze the cloaked individual that could be found carefully running under the rain on safe ground. They had switched to traveling on solid ground rather than tree branches lest the weather be their end.

As the obviously male revealed person advanced under the rain with a bag slung over his shoulder, he was still plagued by the fear of being followed so he wasn't really tempted by the idea of camping.

Though the sky wasn't much of a lead, he was well aware that it was already quite late since he clearly remembered having left the village few moments before dusk.

Fortunately, he need not to sprint for long before he could already, albeit hardly make out the approaching view of an obviously abandoned house from afar.

The sound of the boy's footsteps which where barely audible over the raging winds and assaulting raindrops, finally came to rest at the foot of a tree not very far from the small entrance that served as gate to the deserted residence.

It had been a while since Mochi had last seen his late grandmother's house. And as poor looking as it did, it still brought back memories...

"...Moooom!"

"Yes, what is it?"

"I-I'm tired, are we there yet?"

He whined with his tiny voice as he walked alongside his mother. His father, not very far ahead.

"Stop complaining son, a real man is never tired so easily!"

"But...but we've been walking for so long~"

"It's only been an hour and a half! Toughen up!"

"Don't listen to daddy my Mochi, we'll be there soon, do you want me to carry you?"

"Yeees~"

"Ah! So that's what you were after huh!"

"Oh just leave him alone he's still young"

"Hmph!..."

Inhaling deeply, he took a few  resolute steps which turned into a jog that brought him to the low fence surrounding the residence. The metallic fencing looked like it had gone through a lot of hardships and had seen better days; poor looking and mossed as it was.

Easily jumping over it, he barely spared a thought to what used to have been a beautiful lawn but was now a patch of overgrown grass that had not been looked after in forever....

"....Mochi? Mochi? Wake up, we're here"

*Yawn* "we... are...?"

"And guess who's so anxious to see you she came all the way outside?"

"Grandma!"

"Ohh! Look at this, if it isn't my personal ray of sunshine"

"Guess what! Guess what! I've grown taller!!