10 : Little Shin

-4 Years later-

Dark clouds finally veered off the sky.  The revealing of a magnificent rainbow shining over the village of Konohagakure no sato, along with the sound of chirping, signaled the end of the rain.

Hardly five minutes since the clearance of the sky had passed before the sounds of people screaming could already be heard throughout the streets. Several angry villagers threw out curses at the two young soon to be shinobi of the village who were already out and running.

These two younglings happened to be all too well known in that specific part of the village. Some even sighed in frustration as soon as they heard their mischievious laughs while others just chuckled all too knowingly at their youthfulness.

These two now 11 year old kids were none other than Uzumaki Naruto and Uzumaki Shinji, the inseparable twins of konohagakure no sato. There was hardly anyone in the village who had not at least heard of the blond prankster aka Naruto but very few of them knew of a certain anonymous silver headed friend of his.

Over the years, Shinji had been able to convince Naruto that his blond hair made up for all the requirements needed to be noticed anywhere he walked into.

So now - after a long debate on the subject - instead of his once beloved orange attire, he now wore a white short-sleeved hooded jacket with well placed dark purple lines going along both sides of the sleeves and the zip. Under the jacket he wore a simple black long sleeved sweatshirt that covered up his arms. With it he wore black shorts.

While Shinji, who would have liked to have the same attire, just wore a zipped up black sleeveless sweater with a grey shorts that had various pockets.

"Woah!" Naruto exclaimed as he quickly twisted out of the way of a passing carriage.

"That was close" he said as the man threw out profanities behind him. Looking in front, he saw that Shinji had taken the advantage of that distraction to take the lead and leave some space between them.

Naruto just smiled. As hard as he tried, Shinji had never been able to beat him in a race.

At first it had just started with naruto challenging Shinji into a running race. They would choose a somewhat clear street and run to the end to see who was faster.

Shinji, tired of always loosing, changed the rules a bit by adding the idea of obstacles to the race. Since he was the most agile of the two, he had thought that the obstacles would somewhow disturb Naruto and he would finally be able to win.

In the end, Naruto being physically stronger and almost equally flexible, was still able to win. To the point where Shinji had never won even once since they started this.

Even naruto himself was surprised when he realized this. Though Shinji never showed anything, Naruto knew that shinji was saddened by the fact that Naruto was simply faster than him. And it had not helped that at the time, Naruto had been the one to win most of their spars.

So naturally, Naruto had tried making fake mistakes to let Shinji win. But somehow, the day he had tried, Shinji had easily noticed and Naruto would never forget Shinji's expression that day.

It was just some two or three years ago.

____________________________________

-Flash back-

It was almost impossible to hear anything as a violent rain furiously assaulted the village that evening.

The street was completely empty as only he and Shinji stood there, ready to start their weekly race. There was a week interval so that both of them could train to become faster.