09 : New Customer

-Konohagakure-

The day was neither too fresh nor too hot but more on the pleasantly comfortable side. The soft breeze that continuously blew over the village was barely felt but was still enough to counter the rays of the already particularly weak afternoon sun.

The comfortable atmosphere seemed to rub on most villagers in Konoha as the current general observation of the population on this afternoon could be described as somewhat drowsy or even lazy. Most people exuded a feeling of peaceful relaxation.

And Uzumaki Shinji could tell that much, since he was experiencing the same feeling.

Today Jiji had given him a free day which meant he was free to roam around and do whatever he felt like. But with naruto still at the academy doing whatever the students did in there, it was easier said than done.

For the first part of the day, after walking (or rather running) with
Naruto to the academy and seeing him off, Shinji had headed for the training ground where he usually trains with Hiruzen. As usual, he drew something or anything that passed through his mind to pass time. He would have drawn seals but he had gotten tired of all the seals jiji had shown him until now.

He'd of course requested to be taught new ones, but Hiruzen always did his best to dodge him for some reason he couldn't understand.

After being done with some random drawings, which he noticed he also had some sort of talent in just like seals, that's when jiji finally arrived a bit later than usual. He then informed shinji that the rest of the week was off since he had important things to deal with.

This meant that the next time he'd train with jiji, which would be next week, he would be training along with naruto.

He sighed once more of boredom and drowsiness.

'What's taking him so long? He should be done already by now'

He yawned. 'Okay since he's not done maybe I shou—'

He perked up when he finally felt it, Naruto's chakra.

Over the years, shinji had developed what he'd previously thought was a sixth sense that enabled him to know when Naruto was nearby or not. At first he'd dismissed it, as it wasn't really a bother and was actually quite useful when playing hide and seek with Naruto.

But then, he'd realized that he could easily feel Jiji's chakra when he was around too! Now that had made him pause. He'd asked Naruto if he could feel something similar to which the latter had said no.

He'd then explained it to Naruto who had very wisely suggested to ask Jiji about it, which is what they had done. After analysing the situation for a bit, Jiji had then revealed them that Shinji was well in fact, a Sensor.

It had taken a while for both of them to understand the concept but when the sandaime had listed them some of the obvious advantages of the capacity, they'd both been very excited by it. But when Naruto had asked why he couldn't do the same thing, the sandaime had just told him that it was rare and only a few people where born with the ability.

Getting back on track, Shinji was about to go for a surprise attack since Naruto was not aware that he was already done or rather had a day off from his training, which meant, this would be unexpected.

Jumping up from the spot on the rooftop were he'd been sitting, he carefully jumped on the nearby building that was just above where Naruto was walking.