"I Truly Am Indeed, Alone Again, Naturally"

Letter sent to Remus Lupin from Lyra-Jade Black, July 6th, 1975

Dear Remus 'Moony' Lupin,

I very much hope that this letter is sent your way without any interruptions. Mother has been watching us like a squashed-faced hawk as of late, so I am forced to send this letter with discretion at midnight using Reggie's new owl (I bribed him with my Salazar Chocolate Frog Card).

I hope all is well for you at home. I do miss you and the others terribly. It's awfully horrid here. Mother and Father have been...well, crueler than usual this Summer. At least I have Sirius. We spend most of our time outside, away from our parents or locked up in his room missing all of you. Reg's friends are constantly over, so I have not seen much of him.

Oh, how I wish I could be in your cottage or at James's manor. The only things that keep me going are my brother's company, reading the books you gave me at the end of the school year (well, rereading, now), and the thought that in two months we will return to Hogwarts.

Have you visited that museum you told me about yet? You have to describe it to me once you go! I'm sure it's just amazingly beautiful. You should take pictures on your Tellyphone.

Have you heard the song "Bennie and the Jets" ? It's a muggle song. I'm not quite sure when it came out, but I just heard it for the first time about a fortnight ago and it reminded me of some of the songs you play on your turning-table. Sirius and I snuck out the other night (I can envision your disappointed face) (We didn't get caught) and went into Muggle London. We passed by this store and we heard "Bennie and the Jets" on the Muggle - singing - machine. I only heard it once, but I can't stop thinking about it. I hope I can hear it again one day. Too much happened to tell in a letter, so I will certainly have to tell you about our adventure in detail when I see you next.

How was the last full moon? All of Thursday night, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Sirius, too. We stayed up wondering "How is Moony doing?". I very much wish it went well. Wish I could've been there to see to you the next morning. Sirius whines about not being near James every hour of every day ALL THE TIME. Ickle wittle Siri misses his Jamsie.

Sirius said something funny the other day that I thought you would get a laugh out of. He said my new blouse was the "bees' knees". No clue what it means - I think it's some Muggle lingo he picked up in London. He said he thought it was used to describe something cool or hip. "The bees' knees". Do bees even have knees?

Love,
Lyra-Jade (LJ) Black.

PS - I think you are the "bees' knees"(whatever that means).

PSS - I almost forgot! You can't write me back, I'm sorry. I'm too afraid that mother will see. I know it's quite strange to receive letters but return none. I hope its alright if I keep sending them, though, even if you can't respond.

PSSS- I miss you Moony.

***

September 1st, 1976

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Lyra-Jade Cassiopeia Black, called LJ by those she was close to (few), was quite a bitch. Around the entirety of Hogwarts, she was infamously known for her cold-hearted stare and anti-social personality. She was no good, lazy, hot-headed, insensitive. She was only ever seen speaking to family members or three boys from her rival house. Other than that, she rarely spoke to any other students, if not to jinx or sneer. However, no one really ever tried to speak to her in the first place. She was feared. Oh yes, five foot one and absolutely and utterly feared by most of the Hogwarts population, including professors. First years with older siblings at Hogwarts arrived to school already keen with the knowledge to not get in the way of Lyra-Jade Black unless you wanted a curse thrown your way or four Gryffindor boys setting off dung bombs under your dorm room bed.