"'Cause Everybody Knows (She's a Femme Fatale)"

The end of fifth year, 1976

Lily Evans - the Lily Evans, James' obsession since third year and who he swore would one day be his wife- was sitting in the Marauder's dorm room. But she was not in the company of the boy who oh-so loved her, but of one Remus Lupin. Lily had begged Remus to tutor her in Arithmancy, which he seemed to be the only one to understand in the entire school. She begged her good friend for weeks, but he was always too busy those days preparing for his own OWLS or helping his fellow bloody Marauders doing whatever it is they did. Alas, he gave in, the only open time being a Friday night and only place he could focus being his quiet, empty (thank Merlin) dorm room.

The two, who had been close friends since second year, as they bonded over being the only ones seemingly interested in actually learning something, sat cross-legged across from one another on the boy's bed.

"I still don't get this at all," She told him, growing increasingly frustrated. Firstly, she bloody hated the subject and deeply regretted partaking in it. They had been going over Remus' notes, which Lily noted were extremely neat and organized, making hers look like cat scratch, for over an hour, and nothing. Nothing was clicking. Secondly, she was on edge. James fucking Potter could enter the room, his room, at any given moment. But, as Remus had pointed out earlier, the common room and the library were too full, and Lily needed complete silence when studying.

"Could you go over it once more?"

"Yes, of course, you just have to think about it like-"

The dorm room door busted open and three smiling figures walked in.

"And then she said, 'piss off or I'll fucking shrink your willy', it was hilarious!" The giddy voice of Peter Pettigrew said. Peter, Lily could stand, he was sweet and shy, however...

James snorted (very attractive, definitely) "Oh, I would literally have paid to see that shit." James laughed as they entered the room, oblivious the red head sitting on his friends' bed, who was looking at the three with a blushed face. None of them had seemed noticed her yet, or Remus for that matter, too engrossed in a retelling of a tale.

"It was quite funny." Lyra-Jade said, a slight smile on her face.

"It wasn't just funny, LJ. Prongs, mate, don't listen to her. It was bloody fuckin' hilarious."

"You suppose he'll leave you alone now," James asked, "Now that L threatened the shit out of his di- oh." He stopped short when his eyes finally settled on Lily.

"...the fuck..." He muttered, eyes wide and mouth hanging agape. What was his Lily Evans doing in his dorm room? On his mates' bed?!

Lyra-Jade frowned. What was pretty miss perfect prefect doing all cozy in her Moony's bed?

"Hello, Potter. Peter, Black." Lily replied shortly, looking down back at her notes with attempted indifference but sporting an ever-growing blush.

Both Lyra-Jade and Peter gave Remus a confusion look. James couldn't stop staring.

"We are studying for the Arithmancy test. LJ, care to join?" Remus said to break the awkwardness for, well, everyone's sake.

She snorted, "Fuck no, I'm going to bed. I'll just wing it. Anyone mind if I crash here for the night? Don't feel like walking all the way back." She asked. Of course she knew they would say yes. They always said yes.

"'Course." Peter and Remus chanted in unison. 

"James?"

"Huh?" He was still starting at Lily.