"Like a Star that Can't Wait for the Night."

A letter sent to Lyra-Jade Black from Andromeda Tonks, October 17th, 1976

Dear LJ,

First off, let's get the sappy stuff out of the way. I miss you, Little Lyra, so, so very much. I can't stand it that the last time we saw one another was over a year ago. I worry about you three so much, locked up in that house all summer long under her supervision. Things will change soon, LJ. We have to have hope. I know it may not seem like that right now. You are a smart girl, LJ, I'm sure you are aware that something is happening in our world.

Ted says that sometimes things just have to get worse before they can get better. He says we all just have to have hope right now.

Nymphadora grows each day, and she is starting to say proper sentences now. Her hair changes at least fifteen times an hour. I wish you could see her. I have a plan, a risky one, but a plan none the less. When is your next Hogsmeade weekend?

Sirius wrote me a few weeks ago. He told me everything, LJ. I understand why you are so upset, I would be too. He asked me to talk to you, but I'm not sure what I can say to make things better. Just remember this; he needs you more than he needs bloody air. You are the most important thing to that boy. I know it's hard to forgive, and even harder to forget, but just... remember that Sirius is a Gryffindor boy, and those blokes are usually dicks.

In this package I have more film for your camera (which I hope is still working, let me know if it isn't), some magazines I've gathered over the past summer, a hair scarf that, well I don't really know why I've put that in here, I guess it just looks like something you'd like, and a picture of Dora, like you asked for.

I love you, LJ. We have to hope that we will see each other soon. Try to work things out with Sirius, please, for me.

Love Andy Tonks, your favorite cousin (hopefully)

***

Year four, a November weekend, 1974

Remus set out to find Lyra-Jade after dinner that night.

On that November Saturday morning during breakfast, Sirius Black had watched from his respected Gryffindor table as an owl dropped off a letter right in front of his sister. Lyra-Jade was sitting at the Slytherin table near her younger brother and his friends as she did every couple of mornings, though she never spoke to them. She just sat, ate, then left.

When the red letter landed on her plate, her face became even paler than usual. Regulus froze, as did their older brother across the room. His friends noticed his demeanor and followed his gaze.

"Shit." James had muttered, his eyes going wide.

They had watched, along with the rest of the school, as the letter begun to scream cruel and horrid words at the girl, who just stared at the letter hovering at her eye level. Her younger brother had grabbed her arm, and her older one had stood up from his seat.

"...how DARE you, you ungrateful, foul child! How dare you speak to your cousin, that traitorous whore! I bet you didn't think I would find out, didn't you! Oh, you will receive the worst punishment imaginable when you return home this holiday! And if I find out that your disgrace of an older brother also had communication with that wench, oh you better believe..."

The letter had turned to flames. Lyra-Jade had not even noticed Sirius standing behind her.

Her and Regulus' heads had snapped to him.

The three just stared at one another. The Great Hall was completely silent, all eyes on the siblings.

Upon the common eye, Lyra-Jade 's face appeared as though nothing had just happened at all. But her brothers knew she was about to burst.

Black Hole जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें