Chapter 10: Turn Back the Clock

Guys🤭🤭...we reached over 300 reads🥳!! I know I've mentioned how many reads the book has gotten in the past couple of chapters, but it's because I genuinely can't believe it. Every week we're breaking a record. Thank you guys for coming back each week and the people who have added my story to their reading list! Also, I added some cover art to fit the mood😉.

——————————————————————-

"Ambrose, come on, let's go!" Anthony pulls on my arm.

We're standing on the stairs of P3. The music is so loud I can feel the bass pumping through my body. Bodies are gyrating and jumping to the music. The faces are indescribable and shift if I try to focus on one. Anthony stands below me, looking at me, confused as I'm not moving.

How did we get here?

"Why aren't you moving? Come on." He pulls on my arm, tugging me further down the stairs. I look behind me back towards the door. For some reason, I don't want to get too far.

"Anthony," I pull my arm back. Not enough to force him to let go but enough to make him pause. "I'm sorry, but I'm really confused right now."

He turns around and squints his eyes at me in confusion. He smiles and says, "What are you talking about? Remember? We haven't been able to hang out as much, so you decided to take us clubbing."

"I decided to go clubbing?" I ask.

"Yes. Remember?"

I look down, trying to remember deciding that, but nothing is coming to mind.

"No," I mumble. "All I remember is...watching CSI with you because we hadn't hung out in a while. Then..."

I groan as a quick flash of last night comes to mind. My head starts to pound as I try to focus on the memory.

I see my dreams with clear vision.

"Ambrose?" Anthony calls out. I close my eyes, trying to remember.

So in-depth, with perfect precision.

"Ambrose. You're overthinking. Come on. Let's have some fun!"He tugs on my arms, leading me further downstairs.

"Something is wrong," I mumble.

"Everything is perfectly fine." He responds and continues pulling me down until I'm on the last step.

Insight and questions that I often wonder.

"Wait." I stop us once again. "I'm just not sure about this."

"Ambrose," Anthony turns around, looks up at me, and frowns. "Everyone is waiting on us, and you're going to make us late." He comes closer and grabs me by the shoulders. "Everything is fine. Everything is normal. Now relax and let loose."

Once Anthony says that it's like the last piece of the puzzle clicks in place.

My dreams will provide message throughout my slumber.

"No," I grab his hands and throw them off of me. "You're not real. None of this is real. I'm dreaming." I back away, distancing myself from this dream version of Anthony.

He looks down and sighs while shaking his head. "I wish you had listened."

The music abruptly stops, and everyone looks towards me. Random faces stare at me and start to stalk towards me.

"If you had simply let go, then I wouldn't have to do this." Anthony points his finger at me. "Get him." He commands the crowd.

The crowd starts running towards me, going around Anthony, who's wearing a smirk on his face.