Chapter 16: In Unholy Matrimony Part Two

A/N: I stayed up till 4AM writing this chapter, so I hope it's good. We have over 700 reads and we are super to close to 800!! Omg if we hit 1K, I'm gonna freak😵‍💫😵‍💫. Thank you guys so much for staying with this story!
—————————————-

It's late at night as the girls, Leo, and I sit around the dining room table for the rehearsal dinner.  Darryl and Anthony are there since we consider them family and, of course, the girls' father, Victor. Everyone is giggling as Piper and Phoebe fill everyone in on how the rehearsal at the church went.

"...And what about Phoebe, who was speed walking down the aisle," Piper says, taking a sip of her champagne.

Phoebe scoffs and looks shocked. "I was not."

"You left your dad," Cole tells her, and they laugh. "Okay, attention." He taps his glass with a knife and stands up. "I have something for my groomsmen, two fine gentlemen who I chose to stand by me on the most important day of my life, because well, they're the only ones I know."

"Wow, you have to admire his honesty," Leo remarks.

Cole picks up two gift bags and hands them to Darryl and Leo.

"Here you go."

"Thanks," Leo tells him as he and Darryl peek inside.

"Wow, cool, engraved golf balls!" Darryl exclaims as he admires the balls. "Titleist Pro V ones. Thanks, man."

Leo frowns and says, "I don't golf."

Victor quickly raises his hand. "Hey, I'll take them."

"They've got my name on it."

Victor reaches over from across the table and takes them from Leo. "So?" he shrugs and smiles at the gift.

Phoebe stands up. "And for my two beautiful bridesmaids and my handsome man of honor whom I chose because they're my three best friends in the whole wide world."

She hands us each a gift basket.

"Aww, Phoebe," Paige says and grabs hers.

Piper and I grab ours, and as I shuffle the items around, I see a small tree, a dream catcher, and some tarot cards.

"There's a bonsai tree for balance and harmony and a dream catcher so that all your dreams will come true, just like mine have," Phoebe tells us and gives Cole a tight hug.

"This is so great." Paige thanks her. "Tarot cards? My deck is totally trashed. This is perfect."

"Yeah, that's just in case you need psychic services while me and my new husband are busy getting busy." The phone rings. "Oh, I hope that's the photographer." She says and runs to answer it.

"Oh, I call dibs on the tarot cards," Anthony says and snatches them from my basket.

"Do you even know how to use them?" I ask him and giggle as he stares at the different cards looking confused.

"Do you?" He retorts back but then reconsiders his words. "Well, you're a witch, so you probably do." His eyes widen as he looks around the table. "Everyone knows about magic here, right."

"Yes, they do," I tell him. "Don't worry. You're a part of a very special but exclusive squad."

"Perks of being your best friend." He shrugs and winks at me, making me laugh.

"Hey, Leo, I got an extra stogie," Darryl tells Leo. "You wanna join me?"

Leo sighs. "I don't smoke."

"I'll take that." Victor plucks it from Darryl, and they laugh and start to head to the front door.

"But I do eat chocolate." He stands up and heads to the kitchen.