Chapter 13: It's Time

A/N: I don't know why I felt like I was writing the finale for this chapter🤨. Maybe I was putting myself too much in the story🤷🏾‍♂️. We reached 500 reads and rising😁😁, you guys!! Thank you so much for the support! Let me know if you guys are okay with how the story has been so far. I'm trying to make sure I'm sticking to the plot but adding some original stuff in there to switch it up and keep it interesting. Funny story, I was at the doctor's office waiting to be seen, and guess what show starts playing on the tv? You guessed it, Charmed, lol. I attached the picture above as proof. I was like, "This is a sign I need to write another chapter when I get home." Thank you!😊

——————————————————————
I take a sip of my coffee as I watch the sunrise through the curtains in the living room. I'm sitting on the couch in the quiet, trying to reason within myself the restlessness that kept me awake last night. I have this feeling of foreboding like something bad is going to happen and I need to be on guard.

"That feeling is me," Kai says, appearing beside me on the couch.

"So, you're responsible for keeping me awake last night," I whisper quietly, so Anthony doesn't hear me from his room. "Why?"

"Today's the day. The day the Charmed Ones vanquish the Source of all Evil and when the Seer finally appears. This is the moment that we have been preparing for."

I blink my eyes. "It can't be. It's too soon." I shake my head.

"It's time, Ambrose." He says with finality.

"What if I'm not ready? What if I'm not strong enough?"

"You have the ring."

I scoff. "Will the ring be enough to protect me against the Source of All Evil? A couple of low-level demons can't compare to someone like him. What if it fails?"

"Then this will be a good opportunity to see. Ambrose, don't be afraid. You already know how this will end. The girls win, and The Source is vanquished."

"Yeah, but who knows if we can trust that? I don't belong here, and I've probably already changed some things that weren't meant to be changed, so who says it all going to go according to plan?" I tell him and get up from the couch. I pace around, trying to work out this nervous energy. "What if something goes wrong?"

"It won't." He shrugs.

"How do you know, though?"

"Because you are you." He stands and stops my pacing. "You're doing that thing where you doubt yourself and fear the worst because it motivates you to try your hardest. I understand that because I am you. However, you sometimes let it overwhelm you to where you're too scared to make a move. Don't do that. Trust in yourself and your power."

I inhale a deep breath. "Okay. Thank you. I needed that."

"That's what I'm here for. Whenever you need it." He smiles at me.

I hear the door to Anthony's room open. He walks out yawning but stops when he sees me. "You're up early." He says, confused.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep." I grab my coffee and head into the kitchen with him. I take a seat at the small table as I watch him pour him some cereal.

"You worried about the Julien deal today?" He asks, taking a bite out of his cereal. "You're basically finishing the final paperwork before the deal is closed, so Gabriel's probably has been breathing down your neck about it."

"Yeah. You could say that." I let out a small laugh. "I've been on this deal for months, and now it's close to ending. I mean, Julien still has to get approval from his company first before it's a done deal, and that's if they like the contract I drew up."