𝐢𝐢. 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 ━━ 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟

˚ ₊ ★ ❝ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❞  ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ☔︎

 ˗ˏˋ 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼: 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 ┊͙ 𝖻𝗋𝗎𝖼𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋 ˎˊ˗

***

━━━ PURE AND UTTER RAGE was all that coursed through his veins as he picked up the bench that stood beside him and threw it off the dock into the far distance.

     When Clint first broke the news when the team arrived back from the past, Bruce fell down on his knees immediately.

     "Hey big guy." Natasha said through the screen that popped up above the controls in the quinjet. "We did it. The job's finished." Hulk walked up towards the controls, closer to the screen. "Now I need you to turn this bird around, okay?" She said, referencing the quinjet.

     Hulk's hand reached closer to the screen.

     "We can't track you in stealth mode. So help me out. I need you to—"

     His hand dropped and shut her down, closing the screen. And then he sat down and watched as he flew higher and farther away from the world that believed he was a monster.

     He left her. He shut her down. And he was gone for two whole years, leaving Natasha in the dark when he loved her.

     He loved her.

     He didn't realize it until now—when she was gone.

     She thought he was beautiful inside and out when he never did. He let the experiment that ruined his life get to him. He really thought he was a monster. And it took him years to finally accept himself for who he really was. When he mixed the brawn and the brain, he embraced everything he thought was an absolute mistake.

     If only Nat could have seen how amazing Bruce was really doing.

     But it was too late.

     Just when he realized that the green guy wasn't such a terrible thing after all, she left the world behind.

     And that burned.

     He was angry. Furious. He was mad at himself for letting Natasha down. He was mad at himself for ruining his future with her. He was mad at himself for not giving her the chance to tell him how he felt.

     "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to." he said.

     And he was going to make sure of it.

     It was her sacrifice, and she did it for the better of the world. But she was gone, and all Bruce could feel was just pure anger that he could not save her.

 But she was gone, and all Bruce could feel was just pure anger that he could not save her

( Author's Note )

I actually don't hate Brutasha. In fact, I think it's quite pleasant (although, I will be a 100% Romanogers shipper till the day I die).

I really do think that Bruce loved Natasha, but he was holding back because of Hulk. And just when he realized Hulk maybe wasn't such a bad thing, he ended up losing her. That's what hurts the most.

 That's what hurts the most