✩ 𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐑

˚ ₊ ★ ❝ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ❞  ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ☔︎

˗ˏˋ 𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗿 ˎˊ˗

***

━━━ "WOW—" CLINT MESMERIZED AS HE and Natasha made their way over to the lone tall mountain, gazing upon the colorful sky of the foreign planet. "Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome.

     "I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain," Natasha mused.

     "Technically, he's not a raccoon, you know." Clint pointed out.

     "Whatever," Natasha scoffed. "He eats garbage."

     "Welcome." The voice of Red Skull echoed.

     Natasha and Clint drew their weapons.

     "Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Clint, son of Edith." Red Skull said.

     "Who are you?" demanded Natasha.

     "Consider me a guide." answered the being. "To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone."

     "Oh, good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way." Natasha said.

     "Ah, liebchen—If only it were that easy." Red Skull mused as he lead Clint and Natasha to the cliff. "What you seek lies in front of you... as does what you fear."

     "The stone is down there," Natasha guessed.

     "For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul."

***

     Sitting on a log while Clint watched the Stonekeeper, Natasha knew what she had to do.

     All her life she had known herself as the bad guy... then she finally got a chance to prove that she could be the hero... but she still saw herself as the villain—someone who still had no one.

     The Avengers were all she had.

     If she had to sacrifice herself to save all she had, she was going to do it.

     And she didn't want to be the one to tell the Barton's that their father was gone...

     "How's it going? Jesus... Maybe he's making this shit up," said Clint.