Chapter 01

Lea

"Good day, Doctor," welcomed Dr. Cruz, head of neuro.

"Great morning as well, Dr. Cruz."

I'm Dr. Lea Salonga. I have been in Southville Hope Hospital for right around 10 years. I had my internship in the said hospital and remained as of recently that I am an attending.

I strolled passed the hallway and went left to go into one room. It is the attendings' lounge. I dropped my things and went to the comfort room to put on my scrubs then snatched my white coat and stethoscope as I leave the room.

"Good day, Doctor. I'm Isabella Cortez. I'm under your service." She grinned at me and expanded her arm for a shakehand.

She's probably my intern. Another young mind to nurture.

I didn't welcome back nor grin at her. She pulled back her hand when I didn't shook it. Also, even her grin disappeared.

"I'm eager to save lives with you, Dr. Salonga!"

My phone signaled and I am needed in the Emergency Room. I began strolling, however, I noticed that my intern isn't following me. I looked back and I saw her remaining on the same spot where she was a while ago and now she's just taking a gander at me.

"Are you just gonna stand there and wait for patients to come near you?!"

"No, Doctor."

"Then move your feet out of there and go down the ER with me so we can save lives because you can't save any life if you just stare at me and stand there!"

She moved quick and raced to stay aware of me. We entered the elevator and went to the ER.

"Bring to trauma 1!" yell Dr. Ahmee, a trauma surgeon, who takes care of the ER most of the time.

After 2 patients were delivered in two different rooms, another two came in and were brought in two trauma rooms too.

"Where do you need me, Chief?" I asked the Chief, Dr. Ruben Suarez, who's remaining adjacent to me while keeping an eye on medical charts.

"Tulong!" Tatlong beses na sigaw ng isang binata while clenching his chest and holding his head.

"Bed 8 ka muna, Doc," addressed the Chief.

It is the bed where the young boy who is crying for help is.

I went there immediately and finally had a close look at him. He's possibly in his mid 20's. I also noticed his nose and eyes are red na para bang he was crying for hours.

"May I know your name, Sir?" I inquired.

He didn't reply, instead, he hollered.

Is he trying to get me in to trouble? Baka isipin ng mga tao na pinaiyak ko siya dahil sa lakas ng boses.

I began to examine him yet he will not keep still so I can't manage my work appropriately. My intern, Isabella, is helping me keep the patient still.

"My heart hurts," he griped.

I am trying to check his pupils after checking the basics of examining a patient yet he will not keep still and will not participate.

I also asked for a cardio consult and my intern went to ask the nurses to page one of the cardio doctors.

"Shane," he mumbled while cleaning his tears using his sleeves.

"Okay, Mr. Shane—"

"No! Shane made me like this. She broke me," he addressed then kept on crying.