Chapter 19

Before you read the updates, prepare your hearts, please. Thank you!

Also, I wanna say sorry. Good luck!🥀

------------------------------------------------------------

Lea

I've been thinking about what Chief Suarez told me sa office niya. Those memories he brought back when I was attacked by a patient and by a robber. Also, when a friend died right in front of me.

Well, I don't blame the Chief for bringing those back. Actually, I use those pain to make me strong. To help me fight for each day and to make my day more worth it.

About Doc Aga, he's been here for almost 9 months na and 2 months na rin since we started dating.

Honestly, I've been feeling more close to him. When I am near him, I feel safe. When he throws corny jokes, it still makes me laugh. His actions makes me feel joy. Why is that?

"Aljon Kimon, 28, diagnosed with primary glioblastoma sa kanyang brain and nag spread na ito sa spine niya. C3 ay may sensory deficits and motor weakness sa kanyang extremities," endorsed the resident which is with me during my rounds.

"Kuha tayo ng scans," I ordered the resident and she nodded then we both left the room and separated ways.

I went to the attendings' lounge and I saw Doc Aga there getting a coffee sa coffee maker.

"Busy?" he asked.

"Not much. But I am going to go to a survey later, I guess," I replied with a smile.

I went to the coffee maker too to make myself a coffee.

"Ako rin. I just went here to make a coffee and I'll go study the case na.

"Okay, take care."

When he was about to leave, he rushed to me and gave me tight hug which surprised me. Who wouldn't?

When he broke the hug, I asked, "what is that for?"

"Nothing. Just to tell you that I love you," he said with his eyes shinning and dimples showing off again.

"I know," I replied before taking my coffee.

"I know lang? Wala bang I love you too diyan?"

"Heh! Go study the case na nga. See you tonight." He left the attendings' lounge and I was left there alone as I taste my coffee in my cup.

I went to the 4th floor because Dr. Zulueta was asking me to for a consult.

When I reached there, I saw a woman, who I guess just delivered a baby, laying on a hospital bed.

"Dr. Salonga." Dr. Zulueta smiled at me as she ask me to examine the patient whose name is Charlene Gonzales.

"Follow the light with your eyes, ma'am," I ordered.

As she follow the light, she started to tell me what happened why they are asking a neuro consult.

"I hit my head sa CR kanina when my water broke. I was alone kasi that time. When I told Dr. Zulueta about what happened, she asked you here," she narrated.