Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

The day for Nico to depart had arrived. It had been roughly a week and a half since he had been given the quest, and had then spent that time preparing and saying goodbye to the few people that he actually cared about at camp.

With the assistance of Hecate, Nico was transported to Diagon Alley, where he was said to get supplies such as his wand or necessary books that he would need.

So, left on his own, Nico checked the required list for first years. It seemed to require many books, a wand, a cauldron, some others things that Nico didn't care about, and a pet was allowed.

He had been told by Hecate to first go visit Gringotts, where Hecate had a vault specifically for demigods, so Nico made his way there first. He walked up to a desk, where a small figure stood. Nico could only assume that it was a dwarf, as dwarves were supposed to be short, and the figure was as well.

"I need to access my vault." said Nico, not knowing what else to say.

"Do you have a key?" the dwarf creature said without taking a look at him.

"I don't think that'll be necessary." replied Nico.

The creature the leaned forward to take a look at Nico. "Perhaps that won't be necessary." he agreed, realizing that Nico was a demigod. "It has been long since I have come across one of your people." Nico shrugged. "Follow me," the creature said.

Nico followed him to a cart like thing, and they both climbed in.

They were soon moving across the tracks with great speed, Nico's hair all being pushed backwards, allowing for him to see without hair in his way for the first time in a while.

They arrived at a large, ominous door, and Nico was told to press his finger against something so that it could ensure that he was indeed a demigod before opening the vault. Once done so, the door opened slowly, before revealing an incredible amount of coins in a currency that Nico didn't recognize.

Nico retrieved a large sum of the coins, stuffing them into his bag and pockets. Once he deemed he had enough, he left the vault, and the "dwarf" and Nico once again were on the cart, traveling back up to the surface.

After leaving, Nico first purchased his uniform, along with all his books and cauldron before moving on to his wand.

He went to Ollivanders, where a strange old man found him.

"Ah, looking for a wand, I presume?" Nico nodded. "We'll come along then, I have some wands that may choose you." Nico looked confused at the wording of the statement.

"The wand chooses the wizard you see, not the other way around." Mr. Ollivander stated, seeing his confused gaze. "Why don't you try out this one. Oak wood, 12', with a unicorn tail hair core." Nico made a motion with the wand, which resulted in a flower that had been sitting on the window sill to wilt.

"Oh. I suppose not." Said Mr. Ollivander, hastily taking away the wand from Nico. "Try this one, elm wood, phoenix feather, 15'" Nico gave it a swing, but it only caused the pot with the wilted flower to crack. After a third wand that caused the same flower to get lit on fire, Mr. Ollivander gave him a look that said that Nico must really have something against flowers. It took roughly 5 more wands, and the poor flower undergoing some more torturous methods, but Nico finally was able to find the wand that suited him. Yew wood, and core of dragon heartstring and at a size of 13', it had fit Nico perfectly.

Nico paid and left the shop, now moving to get a pet. He wanted an owl, and was intent on getting one. In the shop, he found a black and brown barn owl with all black eyes, and he deemed it perfect, buying it and naming it Cerberus.

He didn't walk far, before coming across multiple children, around the age of eleven, swarming around a shop window. Curious, Nico walked up to it himself. Inside the shop, stood a broom on display. Brooms must be a way of transportation, he though.

Though there were multiple children there, the ones that stood out to him was one with bright blonde, nearly white hair, and another with dark hair and a bright, lighting shaped scar. The one with the scar must be Harry Potter, he thought. The two seemed to be conversing. Not wanting to speak to either of them just yet, he stood to the side, eavesdropping their conversation. Nico overheard the blonde speaking about a game titled quidditch, but the conversation was cut off quickly after the blonde was called by his mother. Harry Potter moved away after that quickly as well, moving to someone that seemed to look half giant or something of the sort. Nico sighed before heading away. He had been in the sun too long, he decided, and went back to the place where he was staying for the night.

Word Count: 860