Chapter 12: Luck is Truly on their Side

Now, not only did they have to figure out what to do with a dragon, but they also had Malfoy to worry about. Of course, it was less of a worry for Nico, as they were friends, but it was rather likely that Draco would try to act cool and end up doing something stupid.

Eventually, the quartet was able to convince Hagrid to give the dragon, who he had named Norbert, to Ron's brother Charlie, who studied dragons in Romania. They were able to send Charlie a letter, and even got a reply a couple hours later, saying that he would be delighted to take the Norwegian Ridgeback. He had some friends come by, and after hauling a dragon, who had grown in size in less than a day might I add, up the many flights of staircases, they were able to drop Norbert off, and then he was on his way.

On the way there, they had walked past Professor Mcgonagall giving Draco detention.

"Detention!" she yelled. "And twenty points from Slytherin. Walking about at night..." Draco didn't let out a single complaint, and the group, some of whom were under the invisibility cloak, just walked past, and Nico was never seen anyways.

Walking back from the tower, they were greeted with a very horrid sound. A sound that happened to be Filch.

"Well, well, we are in trouble." he said with a smirk. The trio had left their cloak in the tower. As Nico had stayed in the shadows this whole time, he had not been seen by Filch, and he was going to somewhat reveal himself, but Harry gave him a look that said to not do so. So he stayed, and went to head back to the Slytherin common room once they were gone.

On the way there, he encountered Snape. Good lord, everyone is having the worst luck tonight, he thought. He hadn't blended into the shadows in time, and Snape had seen him. He called him over, and so Nico went.

"Detention, Mr. di Angelo." he said. "And unfortunately, 15 points from Slytherin. Go to bed, Nico." Snape had somewhat dropped his cool composure. Nico was one of Snape's favorite students. It wasn't unknown. Nico was a quiet kid, but when called on, he always answered correctly, though he did have a tendency of falling asleep in class.

Nico complied, and went back to bed, were he was met with Draco.

"So you saw the dragon." said Nico.

"Yeah." replied Draco. "I saw the dragon but I didn't see you at first, so I was going to tell a professor. But then I got the idea that you had seen the dragon as well, so then I refrained from telling. I got detention because I saw you leave and I had wanted to follow you all, but then Professor Mcgonagall saw me, so that idea was lost."

"Thank you for not telling her." said Nico.

"So what did you do?!" asked Draco excitedly.

"I'll tell you so long as you don't tell anyone else, and don't tell Harry or them that I told you."

"Yeah!"

And so, Nico told the story, he left some parts out, like Darius and the trapdoor and the stone, but he told Draco of the dragon and what had happened. Eventually, the pair went to sleep.

With Harry, Ron and Hermione, the story was different. Filch had taken them to Professor Mcgonagall without a word, and once they arrived, they were surprised to see her standing there with Neville.

"Harry! I went to warn you, I saw you leave and then I saw Malfoy walking around, so I thought-" Neville was cut off by Harry shaking his head furiously. He thankfully understood that he was to stop, and did so, but Mcgonagall had already seen, and it was too late.

"Filch said that he found you in the astronomy tower. Good lord, it's one in the morning. Explain yourselves."

Not even Hermione could come up with something. The three of them stood there in silence, not knowing what to say.