Chapter 1

Wherever he looked, there was only the darkness. The darkness was reminded him of the horrible solar eclipse in the past. It was nauseous, chilling, and frightening— it's like the darkness would never end.

'It's cold.'

He remember his body was weakened in the past three days. He had found out that he was dying by then. The vitality of the heart didn't work no matter how many times he tried. He didn't even coughed up blood like he usually did. It's as if the string that connecting his body and his soul had broken off.

"Cale Henituse"

He heard the chilly voice that called him. But there was no one here, only the eternal darkness that looked back at him quietly.

'Is it the voice of the God of Death?'

Cale's mouth opened and closed repeatedly, but nothing's come out.

"Do you wish to live?"

'Of course...being alive is the best..'

"I have owe you one, so I will give you two choices before you die."

Cale was stiffened. He didn't like pain, death, and whatever their friends were.

"First, the right path, you will die. You will be reborn, however, your memories will be erased."

He could not die.

'...It's fine as long as I can live.'

It would be great if he could keep his memories. But that's mean he would become reincarnator like the white star—he didn't want to take someone's body without their approval.

"Second, the twisted path, you can live as someone else."

"...your world, your body, and your identity will be different. But you can keep your memories, just like when you exchange your body with the previous Cale Henituse."

'What will happen to the previous soul of his new body then?'

Cale thought that they would be dead if they were exchanged their soul right now. Cale's body was dying, their soul couldn't survive in a rooting body.

"You don't have to worry about that. I have their approval. The owner of the body is the one who wish to disappear."

'Why though? Isn't being alive the best?'

He completely hated the thought of death or pain. No matter what it was, even if he was rolling in a pile of dog shit, it was still better than being dead.

"Which do you prefer?"

If the soul of his new body didn't want to live, if they choose to disappeared from the world, then he gladly would live as them as well.