Nathan Harvey (Part 1)

WARNING: THIS IS A QUITE AWKWARD ONE BUT ALSO MEANT A LOT TO ME. HOPE YOU GUYS WON'T GET BORED.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the start of year 12 (which mean junior year in America) , I moved into this year 11 food tech class where you get to learn about how to eat healthy and probably get to cook once a week.

I was really awkward (as always) cause I didn't know anyone and I moved in later of the year so everyone already had a partner and I don't. So when the teacher asked the whole class if anyone doesnt have a partner yet and want to match up with me, no one really said anything.

Except for this guy from the other side of the class who raised his hand and said he doesn't. I looked over and damn I thought he was quite cute.
He has these gorgeous green-ish eyes and his curly brown hair. I was thinking omg yay mah life then the teacher straight up said to his face "no". I mean like 'what are you doing teacher? and why??'

It wasn't much a big deal cause later on she teamed me up with this girl that I sorta know before. Days after days, except for times that we get to cook, I did nothing but starring at the posters on the walls and draw random things on my note. But then I also started to notice him more and there was always something about him that interested me a lot. Or maybe the class was just really boring.

He was always dopey in a cute way. He dropped stuffs by accident just when the teacher tells him to be quiet, he played with small little things in his way, he folded the dish cloths a lil bit too neat when he had to do duty, but he never actually do any work in class at all. He was childish and awkward yet so interesting somehow.

Days by days, I was more and more interested in him. I noticed him even outside of the class, I felt disappointed when he's not at school, I would sometimes even walk pass the place he used to hang out, or purposely late to class to somehow have-my-seat-stolen and get to sit next to him.

Yes, I know, creepy as hell. But the awkward little 15 years old me didn't know that. Well then of course, I was smart enough to make sure that he doesn't know. Tho maybe he did, maybe he didn't. And before I can realise anything, I've already fallen for him.

I wasn't really brave, but I was brave enough to try and push myself to make small changes, or just to think about it. On the way to school, we were on the same bus and I was too shy to sit next to him, so I sat behind. But I was happy. On one of our mock exam, we got to sit next to each other and I was more than happy.

During our cooking internal days, where we have to cook by ourself, he was in the first half of the class who get to cook first cause there aren't many kitchen. He was wearing the class's cooking apron which look crap on everyone else but in my eyes, seeing him so focus on what he was doing, hushing from place to place getting ingredients in his apron. He was the most attractive guy I've ever seen.

After making the meals, everyone had to clean up including the second half of the class, we had to help. I saw my chance, so I came up to him and asked if he wants any help. Tried to swallow the amount of food in his mouth, he said
"If you want to"

Like hell yeah I do. So I started to wash his dishes while he was finishing his meal. I was too shy to actually talk to him but I was really happy. I could even hear myself humming. Washing dishes never been so much fun.

Meanwhile the teacher walked around the class, hushing everyone to hurry up especially those who didn't even finish cooking yet.

"Nathan, Maya helped you with the dishes this time, so next week you should help her as well" The teacher came up to him and said.
He nobbed.
I froze trying my best to hide the biggest smile in my face. At the time, I felt like I was the most happiest person in the world.

After finishing his meal he started to come and helped me wipe the dishes. As I was cleaning the stove he turned around and said in a aloof but sweet voice
"Thank you for helping me with the dishes"

All I can remember is how much I blushed and how I quickly faced my back to him, trying to hide how nervous I was
"You're welcome".
My voice was all weak and my face was sure red as hell. Not noticing anything around, I somehow managed to screw up the stove and couldn't put the pieces together.

"Hey..umm" tapping on his shoulder, I quietly said. "I..umm.." Pointing to the stove.
Gosh Maya do you even speak english.
"Oh don't worry I'll fix it later" he said putting the clean dishes in my hands so I could put them away and clean up the rest. Afterward, he stayed to fix the stove which pretty much just putting things back together. I was debating whether to stay with him or not but I had no reason to and there was no one else in the class.

Now to think of it, I was such an idiot for not staying with him and idk wait for him and start a conversation or something. But nope. Urrgh damn it Maya why are you so awkward??
Tho it was the first time we ever actually talk. Yea I know it was only small sentences but it sure meant enough for me to dance around in my room at night like an idiot.

Once again, being the dreamy with a slight chance of creepy 15 years old I am, I somehow felt like we were a married couple, a happy family in our own kitchen. Like you know, he would be cooking, and I would clean the kitchen, and he would fix things that I screwed up.
Don't judge me, it's not like you people never have fantasies with your crush before.

Few days after Halloween, after class, I gathered all the guts I have trying to catch up with him.
"Hey..umm.. It's Nathan, right?"
"Yea?"
Handing out a small piece of candy i made, I said
"Umm.. I gave it to everyone else in class the other day but you weren't around so I feel bad if you didn't get any."
It was just an excuse, of course.
"Thanks" he slowly putted it in his pocket.
"So, how's exams been for you?"

I was brave enough to start a conversation, he went along and we walk together for a bit. It was a short walk and he seemed awkward. I mean I was the only one who ask questions and put effort to keep the conversation going. But I felt happy. And brave. It was already our last day at school though. After one whole year of holding a crush on him, I finally managed to talk to him. On the last day of school.

My friends was really annoyed at how much of a coward I was, so they kept telling me to just man up and add him on facebook. Which I finally did and he accepted me, and I tried to make conversations, we talked for a bit but not too much.

I wanted to talk to him face-to-face so I planned out and forced myself that on our real exam day I will try my best and say hi to him, come up to him and just talk to him. We were in difference rooms, but fortunately, both him and I came out of the exam early. There was no one else around. I took my chance again trying my best not to faint and came up to him

"Hi"
"Oh hi" he noticed me and gave me a wave
"So are you heading home now?" Of course he is you creepy retard.
"Yea, are you?"
"Yea, where about are you?" What the actual hell you creepy weirdo.
"Oh, Valley Park"
"Same!" Like I didn't already knew that. We took the same bus almost everyday duhh.
"I live around Weschest street! You?" OMG he doesn't care! Stop it before you embarrass yourself.
"Downy grove? Opposite the market place?"
No idea where that is. But fair enough. Valley Park is Valley Park.

"Is it okay if I walk with you?" I said
"Yeah"
"So how did you find the exam?" I asked
"Pardon?" He didn't hear me cause I was whispering.
"I said how did y.."

"Shhh if you don't have anymore exam, could you leave the exam zone please? Some people still need to concentrate" One of the teacher came out and hissed.
"Sorry, we're going now"
"Sorry.." I whispered

We started walking together and that day we talked and talked and we had an actual conversation. About his cat, about my cat, about movies, about games, I asked him if he watches any new movies and he asked me if I play any new games. My heart was beating so fast, but I didn't feel uncomfortable. Instead, it felt like I was just talking to a close friend.

In my head I was praying that this was the very first page, not where the storyline end. I was praying that in the future, there will be more and more us talking like this. But then again, I was wrong.

(TO BE CONTINUE)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SORRY IF I MADE ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKE
GUYS IF YOU LIKE THIS (OR NOT) PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND I WILL UPDATE MORE