II

Present Day

Narrator's POV

A month has gone by since Stella's trial ended in Olympus. The gods let her off easy seeing as she isn't in Tartarus. She is prohibited from using her powers unless she gets permission from the gods themselves. Stella told the gods that she deserves to live out her days in Tartarus for her crimes, but they all agreed that she was just grieving.

She places flowers on Ethan's grave everyday, but refuses to speak about him to anyone. Chiron has been giving her private lessons on control ever since the incident. He explains to her that she has to use this to learn. And she does. She has been getting better everyday. She finally stopped isolating herself from her best friends. They all insist on her talking to them about it, but she assures them that she is fine, even though every night she goes to the rock and cries. At least that hasn't changed, but everything else is different. She uses training and fighting as a way to release her anger. It keeps her calm, but without it, she fears she wouldn't be able to control it.

"Morning, guys." Says Stella as she approaches Percy's table.

"I'm really happy that Chiron and Mr. D lets you sit at Poseidon's table. Eating all three meals alone everyday probably sucks." Says Grover.

"Your not even supposed to be sitting here." Says Stella.

"Yeah, well, I'm not sitting alone. Thats just embarrassing."

They all laugh and eat breakfast.

"You competing today?" Asks Percy.

"Of course. Can't wait to beat you." Stella teases.

"What makes you think you'll win?" Asks Clarisse as she approaches their table.

"Maybe the assurance that you'll lose." Stella fires back.

"Yeah, good luck, Darke. Your gonna need it." She says as she walks away.

"Don't listen to her." Says Percy.

"I never do." She replies with a smile as she tries to keep calm.

———

Play: 'My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark' By Fall Out Boy

Stella's POV

Time to kick some ass.

I love these challenges. They help me blow off some steam and take my mind off things. Percy is competing in it as well, but him and Clarisse are my biggest competition. Clarisse and I were never friends and could never be. She is too full of herself and just a bully.

"You ready?" Asks Percy, teasingly.

"Are you?" I say as Chiron blows the horn, signaling for us to begin the challenge.

I run to the ropes and climb my way up to the second row of the obstacle tower. I need to climb again on poles sticking out of the tower that can be pulled in and out from either end.

"Tired of losing?" I hear Clarisse say from the other side as she pushes a pole right into my stomach.

The pain makes me let out a groan.

"In your dreams." I say as I pull one out causing her to fall.

I smile and begin to make the climb upwards. I notice that only Percy and I have made it this far. He is a couple feet above me so I push the pole at his shoulder causing him to fall behind.

"Screw you!" I hear him yell.

"Try to keep up." I tease as I make it to the top of the obstacle. "Yes!" I say to myself.