V

"I have an idea. Look!" Say Annabeth with Grover approaching Stella, Percy, and Tyson.

"Whats up?" Asks Stella, slightly confused.

"For Thalia's tree. This can cure her!" She says while holding up a tablet with a picture of the golden fleece. "The golden fleece." She says while holding it up in amazement.

"I've heard about that before." Says Stella pointing to it. "Did you show it to Chiron?"

"Not exactly. I showed it to Mr. D, but he refused to risk it." She shrugs.

They all start walking towards the dining hall, when the horns sound and they know that there is an announcement.

They walk over to the Coliseum and take a seat. Stella can't focus at all. All she can think about is seeing Luke. She doesn't know whether to be happy or terrified.

"I've had an amazing idea!" Announces Mr. D. The Golden Fleece." He says as Annabeth rolls her eyes and sighs.

Stella zones out throughout the rest of the speech. She needs to see Luke again, but this quest is how they save Thalia's tree and of course she wants to be apart of that.

"Clarisse!" Stella hears Mr. D yell, interrupting her thoughts.

"Whats going on?" Stella nudges Grover.

"Mr. D chose Clarisse to get the fleece along with some other satyr." He says almost sounding relieved.

Stella's Pov

I notice Percy looks very sad and lonely. As the whole crowd disperses, it leaves just Percy and I sitting on the bleachers with a row between us.

"Whats up with you?" I ask him.

"Nothing.. its just.. I don't know." He stutters.

"Of course you know what it is, you just don't wanna say it. So go on!" I urge.

"Okay, fine. I feel like a disappointment. Like I'm not a hero, like I'm useless." He blurts out.

"Percy, you saved Olympus!" I say.

"I couldn't have done it without you by my side." He says while looking deep into my eyes.

We stare into each others' eyes for quite some time. It's not awkward at all, its more comforting.

"Percy, every camper looks up to you! They love you! Your their hero. And mine." I say to comfort him, but accidentally add that last sentence.

I can feel old feelings rise to the surface and crash into my mind. Percy and I have always been best of friends, but maybe we have also always been more. We both feel the connection, I know it. But, I do love Luke, theres no denying that. But, Luke betrayed me and I've just realized that I should be angry with him. Luke ruined everything that was good for me. What he did to me made me lose my mind. Where there was once love and hope I felt for him became traded with anger and regret. I don't want to save him, I want him to pay.

"Stella?" Says Percy waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah?" I ask breaking free from that trance. It felt like I was being trapped in my own body while anger was taking over. I immediately took back all those thoughts and tried to focus on Percy.

"I was talking to you, but then..." He pauses.

"But, then what?" I push.

"You started to talk about Luke." He said blankly.

I said all that out loud.

"Oh. My. Gods. Percy, I'm sorry. I honestly don't know what was happening to me its like the darkness Chiron always talks about was fighting for control over my emotions and actions. I felt so weak and useless. It made me think horrible things about the ones I love most." I say looking back on what I saw in my mind when the darkness took over before. I had a nightmare that I killed all my friends. That I was too weak to save them. Thats when I started to push them away because of that dream. I was too scared of hurting them and knew that I was capable of it.

"I was reading about Hades the other day and came across this legend about his heirs. It said that the heir of Hades, no matter what species, will have the greatest allure to darkness. So, no wonder you are having a hard time with this, but everyone feels it and it just matters how we use it." He says completely shocking me as to when did he get so smart and poetic.

"Wow... that was... beautiful, Percy." I say whilst trying to contain my laughter, but I inevitably fail.

"Oh, shutup! We can never have a serious conversation, can we?" He jokes making us laugh even harder.

Eventually the laughter fades and we continue to stare into each other's eyes again. Its dark outside and silent. All I can hear is the faint chirps of crickets. Staring into Percy's eyes makes me feel like I'm in an ocean with just him, no one else. It makes me imagine what our lives would look like together. And ....we look happy.

Author's Note

So, I have been having horrible writer's block. I can't write more than two sentences without completely zoning out and forgetting what I want to write. Anyways, thank u all for reading and make sure to share, like, and comment! Feedback is appreciated!