III

"Just leave me alone." I say as I start to walk out of the infirmary and out of this conversation.

"No way. What kind of friend would I be if I just let this go?" She says waving her arms up in the air.

"A not-so-clingy friend." I say, and regret it as soon as I do, but don't take it back.

"I'm not letting you do that. Not this time." She says.

"Do what?"

"Push me away! You did it after Luke left and after you killed that camper!" She says making me flinch at Luke's name and the mention of the camper.

"I'm done with this conversation." I say as I start to feel that ball of energy inside me, but it was replaced with anger.

"Stella, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of brought them up." She admits.

Coming from Annabeth, I know she meant this cause she would never admit to doing something wrong. I don't feel that ball of energy, or anger, inside me anymore. I guess I've learned to control it.

"I believe that your sorry. And I'm sorry that I keep pushing you away."

"I just want to be there for you. So please let me." She says with a smile.

I sigh and walk over to her, consenting to her checking out my injuries.

"Gods! Stella, it looks like you may have cracked a rib!" She exclaims.

I shrug.

"Cool." I hear her say under her breath like I couldn't hear her. "Drink some nectar, but, you can't train until these are fully healed."

I sigh, but agree. The faster these heal, the faster I can get back to training.

"Alright, I'm going to bed." I say.

"Me too. Night." Says Annabeth as she cleans up all the supplies she used in the infirmary.

As I walk back to my cabin, I make a turn and head towards the lake. I still go to sit at our spot every night. It sounds crazy, but talking to him everyday, at that spot, it just keeps me sane. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover are always there for me, but without Luke, I feel like I'm falling apart.

Narrator's POV

As she sits down on the rock, on the sacred ground where they shared their first kiss, where they fell in love, she feels a tear rolling down her cheek and starts to frown at the slight thought that he may be gone for good. She shakes her head and starts to talk to him, as if he was right there next to her, as if everything was the way it used to be.

"Today went very unexpected. Annie found out about the bruises and that I've been training really hard. I don't know why I push myself so hard." She sighs.

In her mind, Luke would say something like 'You push yourself because you want to prove yourself to your father. You want to show him your not weak. Trust me, I know the feeling.' Then he would crack a joke and soften the mood.

Stella just sits there and stares at the empty space next to her, wondering if it will ever be filled again.

"Well, it was nice not talking to you, again." She says as she kisses her hand and pats the empty space where he once sat. "I miss you." She whispers.

As she walks away, she hears footsteps behind her and quickly turns around. Her first instinct is to grab her knife and inspect the area, but no one is there. And she is too tired to fight someone.

"Its probably nothing." She says to herself, thinking she is just paranoid.

She walks back to her cabin, all alone, and gets ready for bed. She received a gift from Chiron a couple of weeks ago for her hard work. Its a device that when pointed towards a solid object, projects through it, making the solid object invisible and the other side of it visible. She points it at the ceiling of her cabin and stares at the sky that appears above her. She has learned all the constellations and stares at Cetus. One of the many constellations in the sky.