CH. 13

THIRTEEN:

Thursday, January 26th
10:15 AM

I sighed, rolling my eyes. I was on a four way call with Rebekah, Elijah, and Klaus. The boys were bickering as they have been for the past five days. "Enough with the family squabbling!" Rebekah exclaimed. "Come on, Nik. Even you can see that the situation has become awkward."

"There's nothing awkward about it!" My boyfriend retorted, "Hayley and Hope are belong in the compound where they are safe. As much as I would like Elijah's help to kill Finn, if his delicate sensibilities are offended by the presence of Hayley's new husband, then he's welcome to continue sulking across the river."

"As I have explained to you repeatedly, brother, my presence here in Algiers is purely to assemble allies, and given all the enemies we have afoot in the form of wayward siblings and ancient, maniacal aunt Dahlias, I would think that you would applaud my efforts," Elijah replied. He was annoyed with his brother but his actions were logical.

Klaus scoffed, "Well, if it's my applause you seek, you shouldn't have dashed off in a bloody huff!"

"Guys, please," I groaned. "Can you you two at least try and stay focused on what's best for Hope's safety?"

"I would like nothing more," Elijah said.

" I am doing exactly that!" Klaus nearly shouted.

"See? You're on the same team," I pointed out.

"Speaking of, I don't like you out and about alone, Danielle," Klaus said.

"You're alone?" Elijah questioned.

"I went to get coffee and to do some shopping. I'm fine," I told them, stopping at the boutique.

"Conflict resolved, crisis averted," Rebekah said. I rolled my eyes. She was dismissing my safety cause she didn't care. However, I didn't want the boys to try to lock me away in the compound just to keep me safe.

"Mhm. Bye," I said.

"Dan–" Klaus was saying but I hung up, ending the four way call.

I gasped, walking over to a round mirror that had gold, beaded frame. Hayley and I have been discussing Hope's nursery. She told me to do all the shopping and decorating, she trusted my choices cause she loved the old nursery. But this time she said she wanted something more simple. Less princess, more me. Yeah, she said she liked my style. Boho. And that's what I was going to give her.

The crib Jackson built was tan, but we could always paint it. Anyways, this mirror was cute. I could use it. Ooh, or that chandelier! It was all beige tassel. It was exactly the look I was going for. My phone began ringing, breaking my concentration on nursery ideas. Klaus was calling. "Hello?" I answered.

"You hung up on me," he said.

"Sorry," I laughed. "I'm having fun shopping. I found this cool little boutique. Care to come give me hand with bringing some stuff home."

"Stuff? Like what?"

"This mirror and maybe a chandelier," I said.

"Love, now isn't the time for shopping."

"Oh, this ottoman," I gasped. "Hmm... not the same shade, more tan, but it's gorgeous. I'm thinking a white rug? White and tan... Think we should do pink or purple, maybe yellow?"

"Again, not the time, love."

"I'm already here doing it. Just come join me, baby. Please."

"Be there in a flash."