CH. 2

TWO:

Sunday, January 8th
2:30 PM

I smiled happily, taking a bite out of my churro I just got off a food truck. I got three cinnamon churros, two hot dogs, and a large cup of tea. All the food was in a white paper I carried in the same hand I carried my drink while I ate my churro I held in the other hand happily. I was starving and Klaus didn't want to sit down and do food. Matter fact he wasn't concerned about feeding me at all. He was on a mission. And the first step to completing that was find Cami.

"Don't—Don't do that crooked smile thing, okay? I haven't see you for months, and now you're appearing out of the blue? What do you want?" Camille asked my boyfriend as I approached them.

"Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with. And at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch who you were just on the phone with," Klaus said, both of them turning their heads towards me as I reached them, standing off to the side as they faced each other directly.

"Danielle," Cami greeted in shock as if she was surprised to see me. I bit back a frown and forced a smile back.

"Hi," I said simply.

She didn't bother with anymore pleasantries as her eyes hardened on my boyfriend. "Maybe she doesn't want to be found," she told him.

"And for good reason. Had I magically resurrected the insane, vampire hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding too," Klaus quipped.

Another look of shock covered her features, "Wait, what?"

"Oh, haven't you heard? Mikael the Destroyer is back from the dead. And by all accounts under the complete control of your little friend, Davina," Klaus said casually while leaning over to take a bite of my churro.

"Hey," I pouted and he wrapped an arm around my waist, tucking me into his side.

"Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was."

Camille was eyeing the two of us, jealousy written all over her face. I glared back but she didn't notice. She was taking in the way Klaus cuddled me, sharing my food.

Klaus without looking at her and instead wiping cinnamon off my face replied, "Oh, on the contrary, love, you just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Davina's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish?" He asked, stopping to glance at her before taking my drink and food bag from my hand. "It's been abandoned for years, but a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel."

"So, what's the plan?" Cami sighed.

"Well, the way I see it, if Davina wants to use Mikael to kill me, we just have two options. One: you reason with her. Two? Well, I don't think you'd like two very much," Klaus chuckled before taking a long sip of my tea.

Cami watched him, eyes moving from his lips around the straw back to his pretty blue orbs before sighing again. "Fine. Let's go," she said.

My brows raised. Go? She wants to come? And why won't a phone call do? Cami turned and walked away and Klaus smirked, going to follow after her. I cleared my throat loudly and he stopped, looking back where I stood frozen in place. "Are you seriously bringing her with us? For what? Can't she just call Davina?" I frowned deeply.

"Davina just hung up on her. She's dodging everyone. So Camille comes with us. Try to persuade Davina to undo all this and stop plotting my death."

"Whatever," I scoffed.

"What's wrong? You don't have to go, baby girl. If you want to go home—"