CH. 21

TWENTY ONE:

Monday, February 20th
8:35 PM

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, sighing softly and running a hand down Klaus' chest. We had just finished love making and our clothes were on. But before we went to see Dahlia, we needed to talk strategy. It was weird scheming with him. Usually he did his own thing or worked with his siblings or Marcel and I went along with it all.

"We have to take Dahlia's deal," he told me.

"And eliminate Hayley?" I scoffed. "Out of the question. Hope needs her mother just like she needs her father. Hayley will live. End of discussion. Next?"

"Dahlia was in my head, but I was also in hers. I know how we can kill her."

"We already knew how," I said, confused. "Viking ash, soil from her homeland, and the blood of the witch who broke her heart. We don't have any of that."

"Now you understand how diabolical I am. We don't have any of that and we have no allies but Dahlia. So we have to manipulate people to do what we need them to do."

"The ash is in your paintings. We can easily get someone to bring them wherever. Same for the soil. But the blood? We would really need cooperation from... Um, baby? I think we have a problem."

"Mhm. I know. Freya isn't the witch who broke her heart."

I groaned loudly, sitting up and face-palming. "How the hell are we supposed to get blood from your dead mother?"

"I can't do it. So it's up to you and my siblings. I'll be on a short leash with Dahlia."

"We're going to have to bring your mother back from the dead," I gasped. "This is crazy, Klaus. This is never going to work."

"Love, while you were orgasming, I was planning. I got it all figured out."

I scowled, elbowing him in the gut, "You were thinking about your dead mother? You're disgusting."

"I was teasing," he chuckled, kissing me on my temple. "I was careful with my thoughts while she was in my head. But the moment I woke up, the pieces were falling together."

"You want to fill me in?"

He nodded, "Yes. During the drive. But love, I need you to be prepared. I am going to make everyone pay. And then we can all get rid of Dahlia once and for all."

"I'm in this with you every step of the way," I promised him. "But Hayley lives. And don't hurt Marcel. I like him. He's like a big brother to me which is weird seeing as he's kind of your son."

"Sons get protective over stepmoms."

I smiled, "You drive and spill your guts. I'm ready to be devious too."

Klaus pecked my lips before pulling away from me. We both jumped out the back seat to get into the front. Then he spilled the beans. He had a plan to get Esther back from the dead. Then he told me about his plans for payback, starting with Rebekah. That's all we got through in detail before we got to the cemetery. Klaus told me he'd figure out a way to hurt Elijah along the way and devise a scheme to get rid of Hayley.

"Love, before we get out, I need to warn you. We have an act to play."

"I know," I said, opening my door. Klaus' hand quickly reached out to grab me by my arm, stopping me from getting out of the car. "Yes?"

"You play along. You are loyal to me because you love me. You are loyal to Dahlia because you want the best for Hope. If this becomes too much for you, you tell me you want to go home. I will get you on a flight to Wisconsin until I deem its safe for you to return."