Chapter 11

Nailea's pov
I wake up the next morning due to shifting in the bed. I sit my head up which was placed on vinnie's chest to see him awake looking exhausted. I place my hand on his cheek and run my thumb across his cheek slowly. "didn't sleep well?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Well I'm going to go get breakfast and your gonna stay here and sleep deal?" I say not really asking. "but-" he starts but I cut him off. "you need sleep" I say strictly and he groans. My phone buzzes loudly and I pick it up.

-reminder-
texas flight leaves tomorrow at 5pm!!!

A rush of panic fills me. "whats wrong" vinnie asked concerned about the sudden shock spread across my face. "my flight leaves tomorrow I totally forgot! I can cancel so you can-" I start rambling but am cut off. "your going" he says and I look at him. "but I don't want to leave you alone" I say looking at his clearly broken foot. "Micheal will help" he states and I roll my eyes. "sure" I say sarcastically and he laughs. "come on Nai I did this so you could see your mom now go and have fun you deserve a break" he says finally convincing me. I immediately call my mom. "Mama" I say as she answers the phone. "mi amor (my love)" she says excitedly. "tengo una sorpresa (I have a surprise)" I say and she lets out a small laugh of excitement. "voy a venir a texas mañana (I'm coming to texas tomorrow)" I say. "WHAT NAILEA" she said excitedly on the verge of tears. "it's okay mama don't cry I'm flying in around 8pm and I'm staying a week" I say and she begins to explain how excited she is. Eventually the convo comes to an end. "I love you mama" I say. "I love you to mi amor" she says before we hang up. I look over at vinnie to see him semi- shocked. "what" I say confused. "I forget you speak spanish" he says causing me to laugh. "what you don't like it" I say in between laughs. "no I think it's hot" he says and I playfully slap him. "Vincent keep it in your pants please" I say and he rolls his eyes and playfully tackles me. "hey! HEY!!! be careful" I say in between laughs. "I'll be fine" he says while he starts tickling me. I begin to laugh crazily and beg him to stop but he takes to much amusement out of it. Eventually he quits and I push him off me. "your an ass" I say and he smiles. "I know" he says with a smile.

"I'll be back... try to get some sleep okay?" I say looking directly at him. He huffs. "fine only because your too cute to say no too" he says putting his hands on my cheeks and I push my eyebrows together. "far from cute" I say pulling his hands off my face and bringing my lips close to his. I then get up and walk out the door turning back only once to see him in shock causing me to smile. I walk to the kitchen to see mostly everyone up besides a few of the late sleepers. Larray came out of the guest bedroom looking exhausted. "Goodmorning sleepy head" I say and he playfully flips me off. "The workers are almost done with the house we should be able to go back today" he said and I nodded. "I leave for texas tomorrow around 5" I say and he excitedly gives me a hug. "are you excited!?!?" He says. "definitely I miss my mom so much" I say looking at the ground. "what's wrong?!? Who do I need to kill" he said with his hands on my shoulder. I look up at him and it's like he can read my mind. He walks me over to the room he was staying in and we sit on his bed. "whats going on" he said holding one of my hands in his. "I just feel bad" I say. "for...?" He said and silence rose in the room until I huff. "vinnie... I said I would help him and I'm leaving for a week and i don't know I feel guilty" I say and larray seemed shocked. "look, who bought you the tickets" larray said. "vinnie..." I say quietly. "who told you, you should go" he asked. "vinnie" I huff. "then go and enjoy yourself he wants you too we all want you too" larray says and I look up and smile. "your right" I say holding my head. "I know" he says flipping his 'hair' causing me to laugh. Wee leave his room soon after and we continued talking as we went back to the kitchen. I grab out a pan and some eggs, bacon, and eggo waffles because what's breakfast without eggos... anyway

"ooo mommy nai" larray said causing us to start dying lying. One by one people start coming to the smell of bacon and eggs and gather around the kitchen. "looks like everyone smelled the bacon" I say and they all laugh while talking with eachother. Soon I finished cooking and I grabbed a serving for me and vinnie and everyone else gathered around grabbing their serving and talked and ate. I disappeared to vinnie's room and found him asleep. I put the plates down on the bedside table and I re-adjusted the pillow under his foot and slowly and carefully moved his foot in a better position. "what am I gonna do without you" I hear vinnie's voice whisper causing me to jump slightly. I looked at him and smiled before handing him his plate of food. "thank you" he said and I smiled and sat down next to him before putting on a show. Once we finished eating I went and washed the plates. "Nai the house is open and you need to pack we're leaving in 10 minutes is that okay?" larray asked and I nodded. "Let me just grab a few things" I say. "of course" he says before I go back to vinnie's room. "hey vin" I say coming to sit next to him. I lay my head on his chest and I feel him tense up before wrapping his arms around me. "what's wrong" he says as he begins to play with pieces of my hair. "larrays making me go and pack" I groan and he lets out a small chuckle. "what's wrong with that" he asks in a soft tone. "I just don't wanna leave you here" I finally say. "well why don't I just come with" he says and I sit up and look at him. "what" he says with a smile. "I'll be careful and I won't move that much I promise I'll just be there for support" he says. "you promise" I say with a serious look. "I promise" he says and I smile. "We leave in 10 minutes" I say and he nods.