First Mother's Day - Jamal Murray

You and Jamal have been dating since high school.  Jamal missed a few games before the All-Star break because you gave birth to your first child. He was able to be at home for two weeks because the week after was the break. It was in the morning when you hear your two month old daughter, Alaya start crying. You knew Jamal wouldn't be home, even though he wanted to be, because Malone made practice be early so everyone could spend the rest of their day with family before tonight's game. 

You slowly get up and throw on one of his hoodies as you walk to your daughter's room. "Good morning, baby." You say as you pick up Alaya. Before heading downstairs, you change her diaper and out of her pajamas. When you walk into the kitchen with her in your arms, you see breakfast on the counter. 

You read the note: "Happy First Mother's Day, Mama. I made you breakfast and thank you for giving me one of the best gifts I could ever ask for, my baby girl Alaya. I fed her a bottle and changed her before I left so you could sleep in. I'll see you later and I can't wait to celebrate with my girls. I love you."

You get a little teary eyed as you see that he made you one of your favorite breakfasts. "You have the best daddy in the world." You kiss Alaya's head. 

"She really does." You hear someone say behind you. You turn to see your boyfriend walk into the house. He puts his bag down and comes over to you. "Happy Mother's Day, mama." He smiles, giving you a kiss. 

Alaya smiles when she sees him. "There's my other girl." He says as he takes her from you so you could eat breakfast. While you are eating, you smile as you watch Jamal play with Alaya. She is laying in his lap. After breakfast, you join him on the couch. You lean your head on his shoulder as he continues to play with your daughter. 

"She's really a daddy's girl." 

Jamal smiles and kisses the top of your head. 

You wouldn't want to spend the day any other way but with your little family. Jamal's mom has been visiting for the last month because she wants to help out while he is away. His dad and brother flew in last night. You two are celebrating tonight with his family and your family during the game. Everyone wanted to make sure they could celebrate with you for your first Mother's Day.