NBA Champions - Jamal Murray

You and Jamal have been married for a few years now. You two started dating during his second year in the league. During the AllStar break of this season  you gave birth to your first child, a daughter. He missed the first few games after the break to be at home with you. 

It's now game 5 of the finals and we're up 3-1. You had gotten two of the club level boxes for you, Jamal's, Aaron's and Mike's families. Since there are a lot of you, you wanted to get two connecting so you could go in-between. Also you wanted to take Lilah, your daughter, to the back if you needed to instead of walking up the steps if you were sitting near the bench. That's where you usually sit. 

Jamal knew where you were sitting so he would occasionally look up to you. He plays every game for you. Now he plays for Lilah too. When he makes big plays, he points to you or gives you some kind of signal showing that was for you.

You couldn't ask for a better person to spend your life with and be the father to your baby girl. Throughout the whole game, it was going back and forth. We should be up by a lot but we couldn't make wide open shots or get BS fouls called against us when clearly it wasn't. Like that call against Aaron when Butler kicked him when really it should have been an offensive foul.

Like any game, you take pictures. Sometimes you'll post them to your instas especially when you're at the game with Mike's and Aaron's girlfriends. You three are wearing his jerseys and matching custom jackets that you made. You surprised them with matching jackets with their man's name and number on the back.

Before the game you took a picture with them. One of them being in your matching jackets with Lilah who has a custom jersey. 

(your insta) Finals Game 5 with little miss and my girls to cheer on our men

The last three minutes felt like the longest three minutes of your life. The score was so close so the Heat could either tie it or win. You wanted them to win on our home court for our first championship. This season has been amazing. Being first in the West. One of the best records. Eliminating the Suns after what happened last time we played them in the playoffs. Sweeping the Lakers in LA to get to the Finals and now we're seconds away from winning all of it. Jamal's mom took Lilah for a little bit. No one has been sitting for the last ten minutes. 

There's 15 seconds left and the Heat in bound the ball, setting up for a three. You hold your breath as they shoot the ball but it bounces off the rim. KCP rebounds the ball and takes it to the other end. The Heat know it's over so they don't do anything. As KCP takes it to the other end, our bench erupts in excitement. The fans start cheering. You start getting teary eyed as you watch the guys run onto the court. You hug Aaron's and Mike's girlfriends as you watch Aaron hug Jamal and Mike. You take Lilah as all of your make your way to the court. When you get down there, you could see Jamal was getting emotional as he covers his face with his jersey. He takes a few minutes. 

Before you reach him, Mike and Aaron give you a hug. They give Lilah a kiss on the head. Bo th of them love being Uncles to her and any future babies that may come. One of the coaches hand you a NBA championship hat. You put it on as you find Jamal. 

He gets a little more emotional when he sees you. "Baby, we did it." He tells you before he pulls you into a kiss. He gives you a few more kisses then greets his family. 

"There's my baby girl." He says as he takes Lilah. The guys make their way to the stage for the trophy presentations. He wanted to take her with him so you waited with his family. Jamal makes his way to the front with her and stands behind the trophy. Adams Silver and Kroenke make a little speech before handing the trophy over to Mike who is standing with Jamal. They start cheering. You start to get emotional again as he looks down at Lilah. You could see he is too because he gets to share this moment with his little girl. Mike pats his shoulder. 

The sideline reporter goes to the stage and begins talk about how hard it's been the last couple of years for Jamal. You'll never get the images of him being on the ground after he tore his ACL. What was even worse, you were at home and you couldn't be there. You, like everyone else, was hoping that it wasn't anything serious but deep down you knew he tore something. Aaron's and Mike's girlfriends came over almost right after the game ended because they knew you couldn't be alone. You watched the post game interviews and you could tell that the guys are emotional. It felt like forever before any of you got answers and found out how bad it was. You hardly got any sleep that night. You had talked to Aaron and Mike over the phone because they wanted to check up on you. They wanted to be there for you as they had to listen to you sob over the phone. It wasn't until the next morning that you were able to talk to Jamal. He could tell how upset you were. It was even worse when you saw him in person when they got back.

 That moment will always haunt you. The last two years have been really rough as he watched his teammates go through two playoffs without him. Neither ended the way we wanted. It hurt him to watch from the bench or at home, knowing that they needed his help. They needed him to be out there. It was hard for the guys or anyone to see him go through what he went through.

She continued to talk about how he said he would come back even better. The fans start cheering again as they got him back. He looks up to the Jumbotron to see what they are cheering about and he gets emotional again knowing they are cheering for him. The guys around him pat his back as I let a few tears fall.

"It was hard and everyone believed in me to get back to the person they know I am. My teammates pushed me to come back even stronger. The best fans in the world gave me the motivation. They still showed me love when I was down. They never gave up on me. My beautiful wife also kept me going. She pushes me to be a better person every day. I want to thank her and my teammates for being there every step of the way"

"Was it worth the wait? You also get to share the moment with your little girl. Did you ever think you would be standing here being a champion and holding your baby?"

"Yes, it was worth the way especially since I get to share this with my baby girl. I knew one day that we would be champions and yes apart of me was hoping that I would be. It's a dream that it actually happened." 

He steps aside for the MVP presentation which it was obvious who would win. Once the presentations were done, the guys make their way to their families. Jamal wraps his free arm around you as he is still holding Lilah and presses his lips against yours. Before he goes to the locker room to celebrate even more. You take a few pictures and caption it on your insta 

(your insta) I always dreamed about sharing moments like these with you. My love, best friend and now my champ. I knew one day we would start our family but I never thought our baby would be able to be there to see you become a champion. She won't remember it but I cant wait to tell her stories about it. I love you

He gives you another kiss then kisses Lilah's head before going to the locker room. Mike and his girlfriend as well as Aaron and his girlfriend will be coming over for dinner tomorrow to celebrate. Now you have the parade to look forward to.