My Why - Jamal Murray

You and Jamal have been dating since his rookie year and got married two years later. This season has been really long and hard but the guys managed to push themselves to the Finals. You couldn't be more proud of Jamal and the team because they've worked so hard and they are so close to bringing the trophy home.

You gave birth to your first child shortly before the new season started so she is about 6 months old. You have always wore his jersey proudly but it makes you even more happy that your daughter gets to wear his also. Occasionally throughout the game, Jamal would glance in your direction because you were sitting in the first few rows in the stands with his family and close friends. You could tell how happy it makes him to see his girls cheering him on. Ayla, your daughter, would start clapping when she would see him looking in your direction. The last few minutes of the game went by painfully slow. The Nuggets are leading the series 3-2. They aren't ahead by much so if something goes wrong, the game could end up being tied. The game is now at 30 seconds and there is nothing else the other team could do. This game managed to be on home court so the fans started cheering as the time runs out and the Nuggets are world champions. Our bench started cheering from the sidelines, waiting for the buzzer to end. You stand up while holding your daughter to start cheering along with Jamal's family. He and the rest of the team go to greet the other team. Once they did that, Jamal and the rest of the team began celebrating on the court. 

You happily watch him celebrate while you are holding your daughter and waiting with his family to go to him. One of the coaches comes over to lead you and his family onto the court. Other players' families started coming down. You were the first to reach Jamal. He pulls you into a kiss as Ayla is on your hip. 

"Hi baby girl." He smiles as he takes her from you. He gives her a kiss as she giggles while he is holding her in the air. He gives her another kiss as he readjusts her in his arm so he could hug his parents and younger brother. One of the coaches ushers Jamal to the sideline to be interviewed. You stand on the side with his family as he still holds Ayla. 

He was asked about the season, the playoffs and what it meant to finally winning it all. He also talked about his teammates, coaches and the fans. "Last question, as I see you holding your daughter, what does it mean to you to have your family here in the stands?"

"It's the best feeling. I've always pushed myself to be the best that I can and they help me do that. Y/N and my baby girl are my why. Even when they aren't in the stands, I know they are watching from home and I want to make them proud. I'm thankful I am able to share this experience with my girls."

You get a little teary eyed as you listen and couldn't ask for a better person to be Ayla's father. You could see how much he loves being a father.

Ayla starts clapping which earns a laugh from Jamal and the reporter. The reporter walks away to interview others. He walks back over to you and gives you another kiss. Now you are going to be able to share the trophy ceremony with him.