The Elements

Astrid's POV

"Where's Pitch?" I call out to Johann as I duck to at the last moment..

I move out of the way as another blast of cold air shoots around me. I melt into the shadows and knock an arrow. The cells that Hiccup and Merida are in are almost broken. Jack jumps down from somewhere and looks around. He notices Hiccup and Merida and tries to pick the lock. I was about to release the arrow but something grabs my hands.

I look down and a vine is wrapping around my writs. As I struggle to get out, the vine tights and is close to cutting off my circulation. Two more people jump down to help Jack. I look to my left and Johann is still standing next to me. I gesture for him cut me free and in one clean swipe, the vines come loose. As the vines fall Hiccup and Merida come free.

"You need to leave. You can't be seen here."

"What about you?"

"I can handle them. Just get Pitch then leave." Johann takes one last look at the group in front of us then runs away. I walk up some stairs and jump onto a support beam. I spot some guards coming into the room and spreading out against the walls. Jack turns slightly to the right where a guard is close by, so does Hiccup.

Why aren't they leaving? I ask myself. I watch a little longer then knock an arrow. I aim at Jack and shoot.

Hiccup's POV

The glass falls around me and I step out. Jack, Elsa, and Rapunzel run up to help me and Merida.

"How did you guys find us?" I ask

"Intuition" Jack responds "Nice powers." I look at my hands then at Merida.

"How did you do that?" Elsa asks

"I don't know. Something just sparked in me and..."

"...It just came out. We saw that we each were in trouble and it just happen." Merida finishes. I look at her and smile.

"Anyway, I figured that Pitch Black took you guys so we went looking for you." He sighs and looks at me sadly.

"Hiccup" I turn around as Cami puts a hand on my shoulder. Her eyes are distressed ."Astrid is also missing." I know what she's going to say

"Astrid's working with Pitch," I confirm my voice shaking. I can tell Cami already figured this out but didn't want to believe it.

"She lied about not remembering anything. She chose to work for him." I've never seen Cami cry. When Astrid was killed she only cried in her room. She was numb for so long. But this was her breaking point I guess. She lets herself go and the warrior that she wanted everyone to see disappears. I reach out to catch Cami as she stumbles forward. I look up at the others.

Jack comes up to us. I look at Punzie and silently ask her to help Cami. She nods and hugs the brunette. Me and Merida turn to look at Jack.

"Wait so Astrid does remember everything?" I nod. "Do you know why Pitch or her would want to capture you guys?" I shake my head. Merida makes some kind of sound causing us to look at her.

"I might know. After I killed left I ran into Pitch. He made me an offer. he wanted me to get revenge on you, Hiccup. I told him I wasn't going to hurt you or anyone. He didn't respond too well after that. I got away from him but he sent Astrid after me. I was never his main interest, Astrid was for some reason. He said she was more powerful than we knew."

"But if you weren't his target why would he go through all this trouble to get you back? And in the process let Astrid go?"

"Wow, Jack I thought you were smarter than this." Someone calls. "Think about it. Merida was under my control and had all her memories intact. When she got away-"