𝙸.

IT WAS A COLD NIGHT AT WOOLS ORPHANAGE. Tom sat at the swing that was held by the tall tree. He heard that a new kid had shown up last night out of nowhere.
He rolled his eyes knowing that the kid would become a nuisance to handle just like the others.
Closing the book on his lap he stared of into the distance until he heard the garden snakes talk to him about the new home it found. Replying back he closed his eyes and sighed.

    He silently prayed that the new kid wouldn't cross paths with him anytime soon. He prefers the company of silence and solitude.

"So you speak with them too." Tom snapped his eyes open and looked for the source of the voice.
"I'm up here." Turning up, Tom saw the most doll like girl he had ever seen sitting on the upper branches.
Even her clothes reminded him of the old antique dolls we would see in stores.
She looked perfect in every way and to this day Tom thanks the universe for letting him meeting her in such way.

"What are you doing here." He tried to reply calmly but anger was evident in his voice. "I was taking a nap until I heard you talk to the garden snakes. They mentioned your name was Tom."

He glared at her for a while. He hated how she said his name. But all of that anger washed away when he thought about her words carefully. "You speak to snakes too."

The girl nodded. Her face remains stoic throughout the conversation.
"So I take it you're like me then." In a way Tom felt disappointed. He thought he was the only one who could do these things. But having a person like her around could prove to be useful.

"Well then allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Tom Marvolo Riddle." He plastered a fake smile, gesturing her to do the same.

"Nagini. Nagini Eclair Black." A smirk was finally presented. Her dark eyes showing off a sinister glint.

From that day go. Their fates were forever sealed.

"Stop it Thomas, I don't want to get out of bed today."

"Why must you always be so difficult in the morning. Get up and get dressed the day has started." Tom huffed in annoyance and shook her awake once more.
"If I agree to wake up will you give back the sugar packets?"

"I'll give you two, only because today they're serving porridge." Nagini jumped out of bed and began looking for her slippers. Proud of his accomplishment, Tom crossed his arms as he waited for her.
Finally done she walks with him down stairs hand in hand. Tom knew that if he wasn't around she would have most likely slept the whole day or tripped down the stairs every morning.
"You know Thomas, Billy stated that he overheard a conversation about a couple coming in hopes of adopting a kid."

"Why were you talking to Billy." Nagini faltered at his statement. Feeling his hand get tighter along with a small glare.
"I didn't talk to him. He was talking with a few of the other kids under a tree and I just happened to be up in a branch napping." She made sure to tell the truth. Tom didn't like it when she would lie to him. He wanted his doll to be perfect.
"Good. Make sure to stay away from Billy and the other kids. They're a menace. But if what Billy says is true, then I don't want you leaving me side got it."

Nagini nodded and sat with him at the breakfast table. Handing her two sugar packets Nagini cracked a small smile. She was a sucker for sweets.
Yet Tom would always monitor her sugar levels because he was scared his doll might become a hyper energetic kid.