O4

LILO'S POV

"is there not another way? i really dont know if i can do this

"is there not another way? i really dont know if i can do this. i... im not ready." i paced back and forth ranting about the situation, the silk of the red dress i had changed into rubbed against my exposed leg. kihyun chuckled. "its okay lilo."

my head snapped towards him. arms lunging forwards to grab a hold of his shirt collar. "ITS OKAY? ITS OKAY YOU SAY???... its not fucking okay you bimbo you have no idea 0 FUCKING CLUE how much it pains to even say his name." the only reason i took on this job was for the money. i casted away every single feeling i felt for that man while training. yet as soon as i have to approach him. no as soon as i had to be the oane who ends his life in person.... thats when i couldn't cross the line.

i let go of kihyun, sinking to my knees. "i can't do this." i saw his shadow move as he manoeuvred around the room. "come on." i lifted my head looking up to see him standing near the door, stern look on his face. "it took you so long to cast away your feelings so why let them get in the way now. you're my top assassin lilo, i cant let you lose over some rich mans kid." a small smile danced onto my lips as i slowly stood up.

i walked towards him patting his shoulder as a thank you before exiting the building we were currently hiding in and waltzing towards the venue.

confident.

that's what i was. my strides were long, head high as i entered the building. all eyes averted to me as whispers spred throughout the hall. i awkwardly smiled at people before i bumped into someone. "oh im sorry-"

park. his father.

i sucked in a breath watching as he smiled lightly handing me a champagne glass. "ah its fine, as long as a pretty girl like you didn't get hurt." i sheepishly grinned forgetting for a second that he was my enemy. i opened my mouth to speak but immediately shut it after hearing his name.

"ah seonghwa!" my palms started to sweat, my body shaking slightly as i looked down avoiding looking in his direction.

"hello father." i needed to move away from him.

"hey are you okay?" his father's voice echoes through my ears. i quickly shot my head up glancing at seonghwa before averting my gaze onto his father.

"u-uh im fine ye-s!" i chuckled nervously squeezing the champagne glass in my hand. i felt his gaze upon me as i forced a smile at his father.

"who's this?"

fuck.

"ah its a young lady who happened to bump into me accidentally." both of their attention was now on me. think lilo think.

"hello im li." i fake smiled glancing from seonghwa to his father.

"that name doesn't suit you." my breath hitched. it was like we were reliving a moment in the past. his eyes softend when they met my startled ones. a small hue of pink surfacing onto my cheeks.

"you said that the first time we met too." he stepped forwards past his father who had turned back to the other people he was previously talking to and now stood a few inches away from me.

"did you say something?" i shook my head tucking a stray hair behind my right ear.

AUTHOR'S POV

seonghwa examined the girl, the small features of her face stood out so much to him. the small mole on her right cheek, her double lidded eyes. they felt all too familiar. she just stood there examining him also. his eyebrows furrowed together grabbing her hand and pulling her towards a quieter area of the venue.

"h-hey! whats wrong." she nervously bit her lip as he continued to manoeuvre around the hall. they ended up with hongjoong and the others.

san jumped up when he saw them, worry written all over his face. "lilio?"

seonghwa froze. rage sweeping through his entire body. his grip on her wrist tighted as he realised it was her. he chuckled, turing towards her before gripping her neck pushing her back onto the table pinning her down. hate seeped from his body eyes of rage looking over her.

she clawed at his fingers wanting to feel the sweet sensation of air running down her throat. san grabbed onto his shoulder trying to pull him away. from the girl but wooyoung and mingi pulled him back shaking their heads.

"why? why leave, saying you hated my guts that you wanted nothing to do with me ever again. yet show up here uninvited and act like we're companions." his words stung her heart.

in reality seonghwa was overjoyed that he finally found her. he was seeing her skin glowing up close again. but his damaged heart couldn't let that show. he wasn't weak anymore. his love was now fueling his hatred for the girl. relaxing his grip he examined how she clawed at his hands gasping for air. he rolled his eyes backing away and letting go completely.

rage filled lilos eyes, hands balling into fists as she regained her breath. "you think i willingly left??! you think i gave up on everything because i hated you?" a crowd had now formed, watching as the two argued, san still being held back from intervening. "you think i fucked off because it was all fake?"

she was now standing a few centimetres away from him, one hand grasped around the collar of his shirt the other mid air still balled into a fist. "i fucking fought to stay with you but in the end the consequences were too dire to stay... i left to stay alive. but now I've realised that i completely loathe you park seonghwa." her fist lunged forwards  aiming for his face. but seonghwa stepped aside letting her fist pass him before twisting her round and pushing a gun to her skull.

"goodbye again... lilo."

unedited