Purgatory with Sand

Sandy:
I don't know how long I have been here... Barely remember what here is if it weren't for the occasional creature telling me. When they aren't trying to re-kill me..
How did I die? What was my life like before? I don't know...I don't remember....
I was interrupted by my thoughts when I heard Benny's voice.
"Hey, Sandy, found someone who can help us get out of here."
I looked at my friend Benny as he walked through the sand and around the sleeping creatures who had tried to attack me recently. A neat power I seem to have...to make them fall asleep when I throw sand at them...I can also turn into sand...
"Um..I'm Dean..." I looked at the green eyed man, who was looking at me with confusion and fear.
"Hmm..human. No need to look scared. Confused though, I understand. I have no clue what or who I am either. I've been here too long to remember..."
My thoughts drifted again. Looking at the sand and building things with slight movement from my hands.
"Hey, how did you do that?" Dean interrupted my thoughts again.
"I have no idea. Just came into my mind..." I responded.
Dean got Benny to come look at what I had made with the sand.
"That's what my friend Cass looks like..How did..they, know what he looks like?" Dean asked.
"I ain't the finest clue." Benny answered.
"He's by a river, probably a two or three day walk from here..." I stated.
Dean looked at me confused. Benny asked me, "How do you know, Sandy?"
"Your friend," I said looking at Dean,"is an Angel, correct? He's in your thoughts pretty strongly, perhaps that's why I made the sand figure...anyhow, I know he's by the river because for the last few nights there has been someone else in the place who doesn't sleep. Normally I can sense everyone whose asleep...but he's this wide awake energy...kind of annoying..." I told Dean while I ran my fingers through the sand. Once again pondering why I am here. 

Benny and Dean talked some more and then Benny pulled me from my thoughts long enough to inform me that it was nearing nightfall. I nodded and then built us a solid fort made from sand. Just enough room for us to sleep for the night. The sand walls were three feet thick, and twelve feet tall. I hovered above them to sit on one of the walls. I decided to listen into Benny and Dean's conversation while I watched for any creatures heading our way. Though, for the most part, creatures avoid this area. 

"I'd ask how your friend does that, but I have a feeling you don't know either?" Dean asked Benny. 

Benny gave Dean a small smile, "Not the faintest clue."

"How long have you known Sandy?" Dean asked Benny. 

Benny sat down against one of the walls, "Oh, I'd say about thirty years or more. But from what I understand, Miss Sandy has been longer than anyone else here. I've been here about fifty years. Sandy doesn't even remember her name or anything about herself. I'm the one who gave her the nickname Miss Sandy. She's a good person. Nothing to worry about from her."

"Just making sure. I'm not ready to be starting another apocalypse..." Dean spoke more to himself than to Benny.

"Ya'll best be get'n to sleep. Long day ahead of us." I said, while sprinkling sand over them. Soon, they were fast asleep. 

I sat back and watched the night around us. A few creatures passed by us about fifty feet away, I made a few of them fall asleep, causing the others to panic and grab their sleeping comrades, and run in the opposite direction of us. I giggled a little to myself. I had a sudden flash of what I can only assume to be a memory, or perhaps an old dream...