Chapter 18

"Ray!" Norman ran to him, Ray smiled with open arms and they both hugged each other tight. Oh, how long have they wanted to hug each other like this.

"Ray. Its you right? Its really you?" Norman looked up with tears in his eyes, he reached his hand out to caress Ray's face to see if it is real.

Ray grabbed Norman's hand and he kissed his palm, "Yes, its real, Norman. I'm here."

"Why are you crying, Norman?" Ray said with a worried expression.

"Its nothing Ray, I'm just happy that you're finally here! After all this time you did keep your promise." Norman said between sniffling.

"Of course I did, didn't I?" Ray kissed Norman's hand with a smile.

"I missed you." Norman hugged him. Ray hugged him back kissing his hair, "I missed you too."

"Wait, where are Emma, Don, Gilda, and the others? Didn't they pass the test also?"

Ray chuckled, "They also passed the test. After we passed it, we immediately packed our bags and rode a boat to Grand Valley, which took us some time, since the boat was unavailable for a while because of the weather even though its not that snowy anymore." He said it in one breathe.

"Then I took a train from there to here. Thankfully, the train tracks were already finished and not covered in snow, for me to get to you." He smiled kissing Norman's knuckles.

"Say, Norman, aren't you tired from just standing?" Ray pointed it out.

"Huh? Oh no. I'm not tired. I just want to snuggle close to you that's all." Norman smiled and buried himself unto Ray's embrace.

"Alright then, at least its not that cold anymore. Spring is coming huh?" Ray smiled.

"Yeah, it is coming."

"Hang on, let me lean onto the tree then." Ray let go of Norman for a bit then he leaned onto the tree with his arms wide open, Norman went into Ray's embrace once more.

"Aren't you tired?" Norman asked.

"No, I'm not. My tiredness went away when I saw you." He grinned.

"Ok then. Suit yourself." Norman sighed and just hugged Ray.

"I'm finally here Norman. Man, it was hard fighting that bastard! But, it paid off. I'm here." Ray thought and kissed his hair.

————————————————————————

Flashback to the test a few hours earlier.

"Alright then, listen up!" The head officer shouted. Everyone stood straight and listened, "This will be a test for you men and women, who will have a chance to go home a bit earlier, those who pass this test, may go, but the ones who will fail, will stay here and finish their training. Do you all understand!"

"Sir, yes sir!" They all shouted in unison.

"Also, the one who will handle this test, is none other than, General Wright!"

"Good morning cadets." He walked in front of them casually with a smile.

"Good Morning Sir!" They all shouted and saluted in unison.

"At ease." He calmly said.

All of them were nervous, but excited to someone, since, once he passes this, he can go to you know who. And since the General is handling this test it will be fair for him, and that him, is Ray.

"Well then, why don't you all suit up, and we can get this test started ok?" He gave them a smile.

"Yes sir!" They all saluted and went away to suit up.