captain

005, CAPTAIN

"I told you not to bring a jacket." Eren's voice echoed through the night as you walked towards his car.

A frown finds its way to your face as you reach him, crossing your arms over your chest to keep the cold out. "Hello to you to sweetheart."

15 minutes prior to the current events you had quickly gotten ready with an extremely worried and confused Hitch bombarding you with questions. But never the lest, you had managed to reassure her that you're would be fine going out by yourself and that she shouldn't worry.

Eren rolls his greenish blue eyes as he pulls the car door open motioning for you to take a seat. When you don't move he lets out a soft chuckle, a small smile tugging the corners of his lips. "Do you not trust me."

You let out a fake gasp of shock, putting a hand to your chest dramatically. "Me? Not trusting you? How could you ever assume such a thing!"

His smile grows and he shakes his head laughing. "Would it make you feel better if you drove us?"

"Nope. I trust you." You quickly blurt out, stepping into the car and leaning into the cool leather seats, swiftly pulling the door close.

As much as you had enjoyed driving that night, it definitely wasn't something you wanted to have to do again. Frowning, you realized that was a stupid though as you had agreed to race in the first place- and now you were stuck.

Sighing, you watched Eren through your eyelashes as he walked around slowly towards the drivers side, and just before her reached to open the door he suddenly stops. Instead of reaching for the door handle he pulls out his phone from his pocket, the dull light from the screen illuminating his features as he furrowed his eye brows. 

Whatever he had just read was definitely concerning as you watched his smile disappear in an instant and become quickly replaced with a scowl. 

Guess whatever he had just read wasn't really good. 

Your stomach did a few nervous flips at the thought of Eren's mood. You hadn't known him for too long so it would be pretty hard to determine how he was going to react but you were hoping it wouldn't be anything to extreme. 

But as he stepped into the car, he flashed you a playful smile. You raised an eyebrow in confusion but quickly switched your expression to a more neutral one, not wanting him to question why exactly you were confused. 

"You ready to go?" Eren asked, tilting his head to look at you. 

Simply nodding you head, you turn away from him looking out of the window. 

The darkness allowed the reflection of Eren's face to show in the window which was rather perfect as you weren't nearly as brave as Hitch- who would openly stare at someone. 

Leaning you head against the seat you listened to the soft purr of the engine and the low music that played in the background- recognizing it to be something by Chase Atlantic.

A smile fell onto your lips as you realized that simply based off the fact that he listens to them, Eren Jaeger had the best music taste. 

"Y/N," He said in a low voice as he speed past a red light. 

Giving him a small hum in reply, you continued to stare into the window studying his neutral expression. 

"You don't have your driver's license, do you?" 

Your head quickly snaps towards him and you furrow your brows at him. "How the fuck did you know that?"

A small smirk finds its way to his lips. "Relax sweetheart. I had someone look into you, that's all."