regret

Expedition day.

This was just simple expedition of a clearing of titans.

Note, simple.

Now, saddled up on your white horse, you glanced back to your 4-member squad that you had been with for the last year.

Eric, Alexandra, Jace and Levi.

Hand-picked and the most skilled you've seen - you trusted them with your life.

...Well, except for Levi.

Yes, he was incredibly skilled, the most in your squad, but terrible at communication and teamwork.

"We're ready, Captain" one of your squad members Eric confirmed with a concentrated expression.

"Good, I hope the it's the same for the rest of you" you said, gazing your eyes over each one of them - lingering your eyes over at Levi for a moment - and looking back as they nodded.

Levi looked at you with zero interest.

You showed nothing but fearlessness.

No feelings and emotions should get in the way of battle.

You were placed in the left side, nearer the middle of the formation - the most important soldiers - yet most skilled to take down titans quickly when travelled too far into the formation.

Hearing Erwin's patriotic command, it begun.

Hooves of horses dominated and shook the ground as you passed the grand gates of Wall Rose.

The wind welcomed you, kissing your face as you inhale the fresh air.

Cautious eyes darted around the grassy surface for any titans as green flares coloured the sky.

Spotting some movement of a titan incoming, you quickly search for any soldiers going for the kill.

Seeing none, you called out one of your squad members.

"Alexandra, go for it".

"On it!"

She flew effortlessly, swiping her blades into the nape of the titan, before returning back to her spot.

You felt as proud as a mother.

---

The emerald leaves and wooden branches dart and pass your vision in a blur as you fly through the forest.

With your squad on your tail, each one of you take a branch to spectate.

Taking in the scene, you see a group of titans skurrying towards you all.

"Pfft, this is gonna be a breeze" Jace grinned, his black hair tied in a man-bun flowing with the wind.

Making him look oddly attractive.

The fuck Y/n?

You slightly glare at him "Don't get your hopes up. Only wait on my command".

Suddenly, you hear Levi scoff and jump off the branch, heading straight to the hoard of titans.

"Cadet! Get back here!" you shouted with slightly wide eyes.

He ignored you and carried on flying toward the titans.

You quickly turned to your squad with cold eyes.

"You all stay here. Do not move an inch until I get back with that ruthless cadet. Got it?" you commanded before flying off.

What a suicidal bastard. Trying to get himself killed?

How much I hate the guy...

You managed to get onto Levi's trail and now you were directly behind him.