fury

Slamming your hands down onto the oak desk before you.

Ignoring the stinging sensations of the stiched and bandaged cuts.

You shouted and rage in fury.

Every cadet's worst nightmare as they distanced from outside the room as they walked by.

"He does not deserve to be promoted at all!"

Erwin announced Levi's grand promotion.

Causing a wave of anger to fill you to the core.

"He's ignorant, unprofessional, doesn't listen to orders, clearly! And absolute shit at teamwork" you listed with your voice raised, listing using your fingers.

You could go on for hours giving reasons.

"I can give you a list of why he doesn't deserve this which would circle the whole damn world".

The man sighed from other side of the door as he lowers his head in shame.

"L/n, skills like those comes with time. A few months on and he will be successful in all the leadership skills to become a great Captain".

Gripping the table edge in frustration "You're only promoting him because he's good in combat" sternly stating.

"That reason in addition, yes" Erwin sighs.

"Erwin, how? How could you? He tried to kill me. Not trying to be big-headed here, but I am one of your most valuable soldiers, yet you let one of your pathetic cadets get away from killing me?".

"But he didn't kill you, didn't he?".

That's not the point.

You really don't care, do you.

The fury wouldn't stop flowing through you.

It was only growing and growing with the words coming out of his mouth.

Deep breaths.

Or not.

"Y'know what!? All you go on about is humanity this humanity that!" you started off.

You honestly don't give a flying fuck if he is going to demote you. "Well guess what?!"

"Humanity my ass! It can get wiped out for all I care!".

Erwin's eyes slightly widened by a fraction, then immediately replaced by this neutral expression.

"Y/n" he sighed. "Time will tell. I know you are angry but you are not going to change my mind".

Your eyebrows furrowed in hopelessness.

Your grip on the table decreased and slowly slipped off.

"Now I know what you're really like.

You really are a cold and insensitive man" you say to Erwin.

Turning your heel, you walk out calmly of the room.

Pools of fire flicking within you.

God forbid, people could see the flames in your eyes.

But you kept your composure.

Your head snapped at the man beside you as you closed the door firmly behind you with one hand.

Ah, newly Captain Levi.

"Y/n, you know I never planned any of this" Levi says with his hands in pockets.

A flicker of sorrow within his eyes.

"It's Captain Y/n to you, whether or not we are equal in rank".

Taking steps away from him, he starts to walk towards you.

"Don't".

"Don't even think about it".

You back away before walking to your office.

The man feels a familiar emotion as he watched your figure slowly fade away into the distance.

An emotion felt when first meeting you.