Saluce

A/N this is a very short update but I will try and post the  next bit very soon!  This is my first time writing a fanfiction so please tell me what you think and how I could improve. Thank you and I hope you enjoy!  

Loki

Loki sighed as he sat down on the edge of a wooden balcony overlooking the sea. He honestly didn't know why he was still staying at this place full of self-entitled, so-called sorcerers who actually thought they knew something about magic. But at least on this planet he could put some of his powers to good use and of course the fact that the peaceful civilisation that lived here seemed to know nothing of his bad reputation was quite nice.

It was after getting thrown across multiple universes in a teleportation gone wrong that Loki had found himself on this tiny planet known as Saluce. It was located somewhere around the Canis Major star constellation, although which star it actually orbited was a complete mystery. Loki wondered if maybe it didn't really orbit a star and instead floated around the galaxy using magic. In fact, it might not even qualify as a planet it was so small. More like a large rock. With people. He kept it in mind to find out how big a rock had to be to be classed as an actual planet. Pretty big he presumed.

The sound of a large wave crashing against the rocks just below the balcony he was standing on distracted Loki from his thoughts. He automatically stepped back, not wanting to get splashed. He wasn't a fan of the sea, he had a row with Njǫrd, God of the wind and sea, once and although he doubted that was who controlled the sea in this place he still didn't want to take his chances. He could be seriously scary when he was angry. Just as Loki was thinking about heading back inside, out of the way of potential sea Gods with a grudge against him, the door at the other end of the balcony opened.

Out stepped Stephen Strange. Loki actually considered throwing himself into the sea and dealing with the consequences, anything to avoid having to talk to Strange. It wasn't that they didn't get along; it was that they sort of did. Well, recently at least. Since being stuck in Saluce waiting for a ship to come and pick them up, they had actually managed to have decent conversations. Loki wasn't sure how he felt about that as he was starting to think that arguing was far easier than holding a civil conversation. Someone agreeing with his opinions without persuasion put him on edge.

Strange said, "Lunch is ready if you are done shooting daggers at the lake."

Loki frowned, "Shooting daggers?"

The Sorcerer Supreme rolled his eyes and said, "It's a figure of speech. Now, are you coming or not?"

Loki was about to make a comment on humans weird use of language when something else Strange had said made him say, "Lake? You said this was a lake."

Strange rolled his eyes, "Yes, it is. It's not a sea because it doesn't have tide", he pointed to the sky, "No moon to impact the gravitational pull of the water."

Loki glared at him and said, "I do understand basic astronomy."

"Then why did you sound surprised that it is a lake?" Strange remarked, raising his eyebrows.

"I wasn't surprised." Loki huffed, crossing his arms, "If you're so smart then answer me this: why does it still have waves?"

"It only has waves because of the wind and the magical force field here," the sorcerer replied without missing a beat. Loki glared at Strange even harder, before pushing past him and heading into the building. He could practically hear Strange smirking infuriatingly behind him.

The main building where the dining room was situated had a low ceiling and Loki had to duck quite a bit when standing. The walls were engraved with various symbols and patterns, many that he recognised and some that he didn't. Loki sat down on the long table in centre of the room where an assortment of food was laid out. The food on Saluce was kind of weird but better than the rubbish he had tried on Midgard. Honestly, who decided cheez whiz should be a thing? Cheese in a bottle; which you spread onto food. And they spelt cheese wrong. Strange had laughed and said that he had just been eating the wrong things for his 'royal taste' when Loki had told him this. Loki said that Strange was an idiot.

The women next to Loki, Carolina, smiled and asked whether he would like any brochetai (which was a bit like pasta but with a lot more flavour) which he agreed to and thanked her. He watched her stretch her muscular arm to grab the bowl from someone else. She had nice coloured skin, like caramel, and freckles dotted over her face that were different shades of purple, red and orange. They matched her hair colour. And had he mentioned that she had three arms? Loki wondered if he would be able to remember what her skin looked like and copy it when shapeshifting. He was again knocked out of his thoughts by Strange sitting down in the seat in front of him, this wasn't intentional, it had been the only seat left, but Loki was having a bad day so it still annoyed him. Now he was going to have to be looking at Strange the whole meal or face being rude and stare at the table. He disliked impoliteness. Luckily, Carolina turned to him at that moment, flipping her mass of curly, colourful hair over shoulder, and started to talk about levitation. This was a topic that Loki was greatly interested in and, even better, it gave him a very valid excuse to not have to look at Strange for the entire conversation.