Walmart

A/N sorry it took so long to update, writers block! Anyway, i hope you enjoy this update and i will try to publish the next bit soon. As always, your comments and votes are very appreciated!

Stephen

As soon as he had closed his door behind him, Stephen sat down slowly on his bed and put his head in his hands. Well that went great, he thought to himself sarcastically. He had basically just told Loki his entire life story when the God of Mischief probably couldn't care less. And he had practically starting crying despite not having shed a tear in years. Loki probably thought he was pathetic. Brilliant.

The evening had been going so well before that! Stephen ran his shaking hands through his hair. It had been so nice, just sitting with Loki and laughing.

He couldn't remember the last time that he had felt like...

Stephen shook his head. He didn't know how he felt. Nothing made sense.

And it wasn't as if he didn't have normally fun with the others that lived at the Sanctum because he did. It was just... different with Loki.

He sighed and lay back on the bed. He was annoyed with himself but also felt weirdly happy. He wished Clea was here. She had always been able to understand him in a way that others did not.

Stephen had first met Clea a few years ago and they had admittedly not gotten along very well straight away. However, they had soon become very close due to having many common interests and a great understanding of each other. Stephen wasn't very good with having friends but honestly, he felt that Clea helped him be a better person. She was currently his apprentice and Stephen knew that she was a very powerful sorcerer. He hoped that she was here tomorrow, he missed her.

Loki

Loki laid bed for a long time after he had said goodnight. He wondered whether Stephen was ok. He had never witnessed the sorcerer so upset. He had always seemed pretty calm. Mentally stable.

Loki sighed. He wanted to help Stephen so much. He didn't know why, he just wanted to find a way to make his hands better and ensure that he was never hurt again. The feeling scared him a bit. Loki didn't like that he was now having an urge to help and protect Stephen. And hug him. He always seemed to want to hug Stephen even though he normally hated physical contact. It was really... strange.

Loki shook his head and tried not to think too much about it. He thought instead about when they had been watching the film together. That had been brilliant, Loki admitted to himself. It wasn't just the fact that he had been watching television for the first time; it was that he had been watching TV with Stephen. They had been sitting close together and Stephen had looked relaxed and comfortable. And then there had been that jump scare and they had moved even closer together and Stephen had put his hand on Loki's arm and his hand was warm and their shoulders were pressed together and Stephen's felt strong and solid like he had been working out and-

Ugh.

Loki shook his head again, trying to banish that train of thought. He was probably just tired. That's why his heart was beating rapidly and his face felt hot. Yeah.

Stephen

Stephen woke up quite late the next morning. By the time he had shaved and dressed (he had tried on about 4 different outfits but couldn't figure why he was so eager to impress, perhaps Loki's impeccable taste in fashion was rubbing off on him) it was around 10:30. He usually got usually got up early but he supposed that he had been more tired that he had originally thought.