Bad Guy

Loki

Loki lay on his back on the bed situated at the edge of the room that he had been staying in for his time on Saluce. There was a weird pattern on the ceiling that looked like a mixture of vines and two headed birds. It was moving. Probably enchanted by some sort of spell.

Loki had thought he could fight the power of the Veride but evidently it was stronger than it looked. He wasn't sure how he felt now that his big secret was out. Well, one of them anyway. He supposed that he should be pleased, now Strange knew that he had never killed anyone (unless you counted when Thanos was mind controlling him, which Loki still felt terrible about although he knew it wasn't his fault), he had been fooling everyone with his magic. Strange would probably tell people which would be great, maybe people would stop seeing him as the villain and then he wouldn't be anything, just worthless, he would always be lonely, no one would ever love him- ok maybe he wasn't very happy about it. Besides, just because he hadn't actually killed anyone, it didn't mean that he hadn't done terrible things. He wished he wasn't the way he was. He wished he could have just been Odin's real son.

Loki's trail of thought was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. He ignored it. The person kept on knocking so Loki pulled himself off the bed and walked over to the door. After checking in the mirror to make sure that he didn't look like he had been crying and to ensure that his hair looked nice, he pulled the door open and found himself face to face with Stephen Strange. Loki was about to shut the door on him but Strange rudely pushed his way in to Loki's room and shut the heavy oak door behind him. Loki scowled, "What do you want?"

Strange folded his arms and leaned against the now closed door. "To talk. I want to know what that was all about."

Loki rolled his eyes and summoned two chairs. He took a seat on one and gestured for Strange to sit on the other, which he did. "Firstly", Strange started, "the Veride showed the truth didn't it." It wasn't a question. "How did you make everyone believe that you had killed all of those people? It was all over the news, the Avengers talk about it; I have seen your memories. It just doesn't make sense".

Strange looked frustrated, this gave Loki a tiny bit of satisfaction. "I just have to use my magic to make it look like I have stabbed someone or something like that. That bit is fairly easy. Then I just have to sort of..." Loki paused, thinking, before continuing, "I just put the idea into people's head and the rest is up to them."

Strange frowned, "How so?"

Loki sighed a little and said, "People see what they want to see. I am the villain. The Avengers are the heroes; it is not hard to make them to believe it. As for the Midgardians, they won't really remember what happened. They would have seen it on the news but it would just go over their heads because that is what I want them to see. Then nobody gets hurt."

Loki suddenly thought that probably sounded pathetic and backtracked, "Well obviously they still get hurt, and they are scared of me. I am the villain. The bad guy. The one the heroes like Thor and Stark and Rogers are supposed to stop."

Loki looked briefly up at Strange and then wished he hadn't because the sorcerer had a certain look on his face; sadness or guilt. Probably pity. Loki couldn't stand pity. He hastily said, "That's it, can you go now?"

Strange ignored this and asked, "But why do you do it? You don't have to be the villain-"

Loki cut him off, suddenly angry, "Yes I do! I have to be the villain because otherwise I am no one. All of my life I have never been good enough; I just want to be listened to for once! I never get the chance to be good because everybody expects the worst from me. So that is what I give them. My absolute worst. Because if I don't then that means that everyone hates me just for being me rather than for some awful I have done. I need to prove that I am the villain because-"